Quicken Web - Syncing to manually added Transaction

Options
pmarker
pmarker Member ✭✭
I am new to Quicken on the Web but have been using the Desktop Client for over 15 years. I am traveling for six weeks so I will only have access to Quicken on the Web and not my desktop client. I paid some credit card bills via the Credit Card website since I understand I can't pay bills via Quicken on the Web like I do on my Desktop Client. I would like to add them as a future transaction via Quicken on the Web so It becomes part of the balance of my checking account.

Question, when the transactions that I manually added actually hit my bank checking account will they match to the manual transaction like it does on my desktop client or will show up as a new transaction and I will have duplicate transactions.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @pmarker,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question, though I apologize for not having received a response yet.

When Quicken on the Web downloads transactions from your bank, it should try to auto-match them to any existing manual entries based on the manual entries' date, amount, and payee name, just as it does in the Quicken desktop program.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• pmarker
    pmarker Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for the Reply.. I did add my first manual transaction to my checking account for an American express payment. I scheduled to have the transaction paid via American Express Website to be paid on 1/11/2021. I now see my bank account in Quicken for the Web submitted for American Express hit on 1/12/2021 and it did not auto match with the one I manually entered and now I have two transactions showing up on Quicken for the Web, one with status of C and one with status of U.

Two questions:
    1. Is there something I can look at to see why it did not auto sync since I see two transaction for the same American Express Payment.

2. What do I need to clean up the two duplicate transactions.. Do simply remove the one with a status of U.
  • Quicken Anja
    Options
    Thanks for the update!

Auto-matching of downloaded transactions to manual entries is only successful if the manual entries' date, amount, and payee name match these same fields for the downloaded transactions. Oftentimes, it's a date mismatch that causes the auto-match to fail as the manual entries would need to match the posted date of the downloaded transactions. When they don't match, this can cause the downloaded transactions to come in as duplicates. Since there is no way to tell for sure when a transaction will be posted before it happens, what I recommend you do is to sign in on your financial institution's website first and check to see if the payment has been posted yet, before attempting to download them in Quicken on the Web.

As for when duplicates do occur; yes, you would simply remove the original manual entry as there is not a way to manually match them in Quicken on the Web.

I hope this helps, and please let us know if you have any additional questions!

-Quicken Anja

• pmarker
    pmarker Member ✭✭
    Options
    Ok thank you very much.. Sounds like the date will be the common issue when something does not match...
  • Quicken Anja
    Options
    You're welcome! Happy to help. :)

-Quicken Anja

This discussion has been closed.