Cannot print reports to printer - Win10

Boget
Boget Member
Have troubleshooted printer. Test page works and can print from all other programs. When printing report, report does not appear in que. Printer starts to print (i.e. paper is drawn to head) but then stops. When I print from another program, page is discharged and the program prints correctly. Using HP Photosmart 7760 printer.

Best Answer

• Boget
    Boget Member
    Answer ✓
    I found that following the directions above (reset printer), exit Quicken, then rebooting your computer worked for me. Beyond that I'm not much help. I would verify that your printer port is set to your printer (i.e. works with all other programs). Other than that I'm at a loss.

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Boget

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your experience and feedback with the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

We'll need a bit more information to be able to assist.

Please take a moment to review the information available here and post back to let us know what version and release of Quicken you are using.

Does this happen to every single report or a specific report?

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Boget
    Boget Member
    Quicken_Tyka,

I am currently using Windows 10 Home, Ver 1909, Build 18363.1256. My files are located in the E:/Quicken folder which is a data only . . . no apps located on this drive. The Quicken app is located in the C:/Program Files(x86)/Quicken folder.

Quicken was downloaded, with several updates since then. I'm using a US version; Quicken 2020, Ver R30-14, Build 27.1.30.14. My membership is good until 10/26/2021.

My internet is connected via high-speed cable. Have had very few problems with any internet connection.

No report or graph will print (see original request). When paper is drawn to printhead, printing process stalls. All other programs (Word, Excel, Notebook, etc.) print normally. Report/Graph print request never appears in que spooler.

Haven't printed a report or graph in sometime, however it has worked in the past.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021

Hello @Boget

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. One thing that I would attempt to try here would be to reset the printer settings. It's a good place to start and is fairly easy to do. We'll want to navigate across the top to file > file operations > Validate and repair > Reset all Quicken printer settings. Once you've selected the option go ahead and click ok. 

Once you get a chance to try this let us know if you're able to print without issue. If not we'll see what we can try next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

(Edited to add missing step)
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    navigate across the top to file > file operations > Reset all Quicken printer settings.
    Unless that changed while I wasn't looking, this function is available in
    • File / File Operations / Validate and Repair.
    • Click "Reset Quicken Printer Settings", then click OK.
    • There's no need to also Validate the data file unless you think it might have been compromised by crashes.

• Boget
    Boget Member
    Francisco & UKR,

That did the trick. Thank you both

Boget
  • kkihlman
    kkihlman Member
    Do you have any further advice? I am experiencing the same problem. I try this fix, and it didn't work for me.
  • Boget
    Boget Member
    Answer ✓
    I found that following the directions above (reset printer), exit Quicken, then rebooting your computer worked for me. Beyond that I'm not much help. I would verify that your printer port is set to your printer (i.e. works with all other programs). Other than that I'm at a loss.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    kkihlman said:
    Do you have any further advice? I am experiencing the same problem. I try this fix, and it didn't work for me.

Have you looked at the printer manufacturer's website to see if you have the latest available printer driver installed for your version of Windows? Sometimes, what comes with your original Windows installation is not up to date. Download and install the latest printer driver.
    If that still doesn't work, delete and reinstall the printer in Windows, reboot and then reset and redefine printer definitions in Quicken.
This discussion has been closed.