One Step Update still very slow

There was an older thread (OSU running slow or something) that was closed, but I don't believe a resolution was every really found. Any update on the issue? Still takes several minutes (compared to under a minute with my old Quicken 2016). But now i'm forced onto the subscription model for online stuff to work any more. Thanks!

Answers

• Hello@Kevin Hurni

Thank you posting in the Community today, though I’m sorry that you are experiencing this issue with One Step Update (OSU). I’d like to gather some information in hopes to identify the root of the problem.

First, what version and build number are you using? This information can be found by choosing ABOUT QUICKEN from the HELP menu.

What type of connection are you using for your accounts? Direct Connect, Express Web Connect or both?

When the OSU function is complete, is there any indication of errors or incompletion?

Thank you

Quicken Diana

• Kevin Hurni
    Kevin Hurni Member ✭✭
    Sure thing. Quicken Version: 2020 (year)
    Version: R30.19
    Build: 27.1.30.19

There's about 30 accounts (ie, like 8 with Chase, 4 with Citibank, etc.). Mix of both types of connections. Typically it completes Amex, Chase, Citi and Discover (if I believe the screen that shows the progress it shows the as a Green Complete status) and then the rest just sit at "waiting". About 3-5 minutes later, it'll finish. The only account with errors is the illustrious PenFed (ie you can only get it working on a weekend or "after hours" due to the stimulus checks).

Perhaps I will try to disable that one and see if it speeds anything up.
  • Kevin Hurni
    Kevin Hurni Member ✭✭
    Well deactivating the PenFed account made no difference. I believe there's a lot file somewhere that OSU makes so you can see how long the connections are. Took 4 minutes this morning with no errors.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Kevin Hurni

Thank you for the response and the additional details.

If you have not done so already, I would start by saving a backup and updating to the most recent release.

https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product

Please let me know if you see any improvement in speed after installing the recent update.

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well deactivating the PenFed account made no difference. I believe there's a lot file somewhere that OSU makes so you can see how long the connections are. Took 4 minutes this morning with no errors.

OSU first processes all banks using Direct Connect, one bank after the other.
    The next phase involves all your Express Web Connect - connected banks, all of them together in one batch with a data download from the QCS server.
    Unfortunately, the way it's been programmed, you don't see a progress report as the batch process finishes one bank after the other.
    The only thing I can recommend is: patience.
    There's nothing we can do at this time but hope that the programmers will eventually find a way to give us a progress report for each bank or maybe a progress bar that advances from 0 - 100% over time. Just something to tell us that it's working and is not stuck or in a loop somewhere along the way.
  • Kevin Hurni
    Kevin Hurni Member ✭✭
    > @UKR said:
    > OSU first processes all banks using Direct Connect, one bank after the other.
    > The next phase involves all your Express Web Connect - connected banks, all of them together in one batch with a data download from the QCS server.
    > Unfortunately, the way it's been programmed, you don't see a progress report as the batch process finishes one bank after the other.
    > The only thing I can recommend is: patience.
    > There's nothing we can do at this time but hope that the programmers will eventually find a way to give us a progress report for each bank or maybe a progress bar that advances from 0 - 100% over time. Just something to tell us that it's working and is not stuck or in a loop somewhere along the way.

OK, so basically this new "feature" popped up and we'll just have to wait for the Quicken programmers to resolve (I did go through the many pages of the previous thread and it seemed the beta patch seemed to fix for some users and made things much worse in other regards for others). Thanks
  • Kevin Hurni
    Kevin Hurni Member ✭✭
    > @Quicken_Tyka said:
    > Hello @Kevin Hurni
    >
    >
    > Thank you for the response and the additional details.
    >
    >  If you have not done so already, I would start by saving a backup and updating to the most recent release.
    >
    > https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product
    >
    > Please let me know if you see any improvement in speed after installing the recent update.
    >
    > -Quicken Tyka

Updated to latest version:
    Year: 2020
    Version: R30.21
    Build: 27.1.30.21

Issue still remains. However, it seems Quicken is aware of this issue and is still working on things.
This discussion has been closed.