Capital One Bank will not update my accounts and only downloaded a few transactions why?

ericblackburn78
ericblackburn78 Unconfirmed, Member
I am a new user, I have added my Capital One Accounts. Only one of 5 accounts downloaded transaction. 3 of 5 downloaded very few transactions and one didn't connect and download at all. I have tried refreshing accounts multiple times to no success.

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @ericblackburn78

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response. 

Can you please confirm the account types that you have at Capital One? Are these all banking accounts or are some credit cards.

Can you please confirm which Capital One option you when downloading accounts? 

If you are unsure, you may also verify this information by navigating to a Capital One account and choosing Settings >Downloads.

Please let us know, the more information you can provide the better able to assist the Community will be. 

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • My Quicken last downloaded transactions from Cap One on 11/20/20. Got a partial download of 4 transactions. Distracted by holidays. Opened Quicken today to update all accounts and Cap One credit card doesn't download and add the transactions to my account in Quicken. The update box suggests "try again,' but multiple try agains do nothing. I check the login info for Cap One that I have in Quicken ... and I compare that to my login on the web. They match. Still no go. Then I get an email from Cap One saying they notice I've connected my credit card to Quicken. I WISH!! I call Cap One and they say their system shows I'm connected to Quicken,. Again, I WISH!! Best workaround they could give me is to download a qxf file and import it into Quicken. Did that, it created a whole new account, leaving my existing account as is. That manual thing is so 10 years ago. What' wrong. I call the help number for Quicken and someone try to get me to take a "free" medical alert device. I call again, say that number not available from where I am (middle of the country). Call again, and ask if I want a directory. I'm guessing that number has been abandoned or hacked. I go for chat, but no chat window appears. So now what?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @briansteffens

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to ask you questions, although I apologize that you have been unable to reach support.

To contact support, please select the link below.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

If you encounter issues with this, I have included an image of the phone number to contact support.

Please let us know how it goes with support!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Starting at the end, if you're not seeing a window when you click on Talk to Support, it's likely your browser is blocking the pop-up window from appearing. If you're using Safari, while you're on the Quicken Support web page, pull down the Safari menu to Settings for this Website, and change pop-up windows to Allow. Then try clicking the link for Talk to Support. Here, you can click the Chat Now or Call Now buttons.

If you click the Call Now button, it will change to show you the number to call.

From your description above, it sounds like you called a number which was not actual Quicken Support. (If you Google support for Quicken, you may find  illegitimate third-party companies which provide support for a substantial fee, or worse.)

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.