DirectDebit payments showing as Downloaded versus Matched?

gonzake
gonzake Member ✭✭
I just noticed when updating my Quicken for Mac to my bank that a recent Quick pay bill payment submitted and previously recorded (through bill pay) was changed to "Downloaded" and not "Matched" for some reason. I got an error message saying trouble syncing the payment with an option to update now - so I did however the status doesn't change and I can not match it. In looking back at a few previous payments others have happened this way too. Is there any impact to having it show as "Downloaded" versus "Matched"? I am not marking them reviewed after clearing with bank....Thanks for any assistance.

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited January 2021
    When you say "I can not match", did you try dragging and dropping it on top of the manual transaction? If that doesn't work, turn on the Match Status column (menu View > Columns). That will tell you if it's already matched.

Marking reviewed clears the icon in the Status column, but does not affect matching.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • gonzake
    gonzake Member ✭✭
    Hi Ric0,

No there is not 2 transactions so nothing to drag to match. This was a quicken bill payment quick pay so was entered for processing. Then when the payment cleared, the status changed to downloaded (think was scheduled before) but think it should have matched to the already entered record.

Is my understanding not correct?

Thanks.
  • RickO
    I don't understand what you are saying. If there is only one transaction whose status changed to downloaded when it cleared, I don't see the problem. But then you say it should have matched to the already entered record. Would not this "already entered record" be the 2nd transaction? How about some screenshots?
  • gonzake
    gonzake Member ✭✭
    If a single transaction that changes to downloaded after it clears is the way it is supposed to work then I would be OK with that, it is just that it isn't consistent. showing a screenshot - 2 of 3 show matched (auto) and the third shows downloaded. All were quick pays through quicken. There are others in same status. Is this the way it should be?
  • RickO
    That does look like a bug of some kind to me. Once a transaction is downloaded, the status icon should be blue. In your third transaction, the orange icon would seem to contradict the "downloaded" in the Match Status column. I personally don't use QBP, so I don't have any direct experience with this. I would suggest contacting Quicken Support by phone so they can screen-share and see what's going on.

This discussion has been closed.