Tax year 2021 selection in Tax Planner

Eric
Eric Member ✭✭✭
Now 2021 is a choice in the Tax Planner's dropdown menu....well, not really....can't select it! When are we getting the 2021 Tax Planner update ?

Best Answer

Answers

• markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    I installed the patch this morning and it is working normally.  Install the mondo patch
    Update and Mondo Patch: Subscription Release of Quicken for Windows
  • Eric
    Eric Member ✭✭✭
    yeah, apparently update wasn't pushed....yet? Anyway, updated and now it's all good.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the record: The R 30.21 patch release level is the one containing the tax tables update.
    Thank you, programmers!
  • markus1957
    UKR said:
    For the record: The R 30.21 patch release level is the one containing the tax tables update.
    Thank you, programmers!
    Let's be honest. This was a failure in planning for a critical annual task. Not really a moment to hand out kudos for the 4th hot fix required for this version. "What's up with that?" might be the more relevant statement.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's be honest. This was a failure in planning for a critical annual task. Not really a moment to hand out kudos for the 4th hot fix required for this version. "What's up with that?" might be the more relevant statement.
    Unlike past years, this time we got the update in the first few days of January, without having to complain at length about the missing updates.
    I'd call that a marked improvement, worthy of a Thank you.
    Then again, that's my opinion. YMMV.

• markus1957
    The last 2 years (2020 & 2019) Quicken rolled over to the new year with an up to date Tax Planner.  After significant changes to the tax code very late in 2017, they rolled out an updated planner in January 2018.  So for the past 3 years, Quicken has kept the planner current.

• jnprop
    jnprop Member ✭✭✭✭
    well i didn't like that it want let me still look at 2020... maybe at this point its figured you should be preparing not estimating
  • markus1957
    No, it's just bad logic in the old code and I'm pretty sure they are committed to fixing it.  The "previous year" is a hard coded year (2019) both in the pull-down menu and the queries used to display transaction details.  But the current year, even though not displayed properly (2020 vs. 2021) in the pull-down, is soft coded for current year and displays current year transactions.  So that is why only 2019 and 2021 transactions were displaying before the hard coding was changed in the fix.

Even with soft coded years, it's hard to see where anything short of a pre-New Year update of the tax tables would keep the planner running.
  • Eric
    Eric Member ✭✭✭
    > @UKR said:
    > For the record: The R 30.21 patch release level is the one containing the tax tables update.
    > Thank you, programmers!

I'm a programmer. Instead of "Thank you", my company would have been told by our customers that "you are LATE!"
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still waiting to download to see if R30.21 breaks anything
    since it is the 4th version of the R30 release...

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• 87superglide
    87superglide Member ✭✭
    Updated to version R30.21 this morning and the 2021 tax tables and reports work however under Charitable Contributions it is still showing contributions from 2020. Bug?
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Updated to version R30.21 this morning and the 2021 tax tables and reports work however under Charitable Contributions it is still showing contributions from 2020. Bug?

Have you had any transactions, dated this year, for this category yet?
    Until you record a new transaction or set up a scheduled reminder for a future date, Tax Planner will use "Quicken data (from 2020)" to help with planning.

• 87superglide
    87superglide Member ✭✭
    No I haven't had any contributions this year. I just set the amount to 0 so the calculations are correct. I just put in a dummy contribution and it updated as advertised. Thanks UKR for your help.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're welcome.
    Please don't forget to set this back to "Quicken data (from 2021)" after you have made your first contribution or added a scheduled reminder for the next payment.
This discussion has been closed.