I am downloading a QFX file from my bank....

Options
jjkeely
jjkeely Member ✭✭
I am downloading a QIF file from my bank of all transactions since May of 2018. When I open the file in Quicken the payee information is trimmed off after about 30 characters and Quicken does not recognize what category they are.

When I have gone through and synched between Quicken and my bank things go normally and any new transactions are fully correct and the category is set.

I am setting this up for the first time so I am trying multiple files but, clear everything out if I want to try from a different angle.

Answers

• jjkeely
    jjkeely Member ✭✭
    Options
    Sorry above should read QFX file
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jjkeely said:
    Sorry above should read QFX file
    Hi @jjkeely ,

Corrected in Title.

See this FAQ:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7307115/add-your-quicken-information-to-your-posts-plus-how-you-are-connected-to-the-internet

Post back with additional information.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• jjkeely
    jjkeely Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks I am actually using a test file to try different download /synch options.
  • jjkeely
    jjkeely Member ✭✭
    Options
    Can anyone tell me what the default amount of days is synched the first time you connect Quicken with your bank account. What determines the number of days information. Thank you
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @jjkeely

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to ask your question, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

The typical download date is 90 days, however, this can vary depending on the financial institution.

To better answer your question about your specific situation, can you please provide the name of the bank?

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • jjkeely
    jjkeely Member ✭✭
    Options
    Enterprise Bank and Trust Thank you for your help!!
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @jjkeely

Thank you for providing the name of the bank, although I apologize as I am not familiar with this specific bank to know how much data they allow to sync initially.

I would move forward with adding an account new in the Quicken file to verify the information they provide if you have not done so already.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • jjkeely
    jjkeely Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have starting over with a fresh download from the bank to new file into a new Quicken account. Can I ask you to escalate this question to see if someone else may have an idea what's going on?
This discussion has been closed.