How do I get the program to select downloaded transactions in order to accept them?

Options
When I download transactions I have them listed alphabetically. When I accept a transaction, instead of dropping down and selecting the next one, the program jumps around and selects another transaction seemingly at random. I am double checking them from an alphabetized list, so this is annoying. This was not a problem until recently.

Best Answer

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Allowing for the fact maybe moderators will change this to a Windows question (which it is no matter if you are doing this on Mac computer running "virtual Windows") I'm going to "answer" this question.

Recently the Downloaded Transaction tab was "revamped" to allow more flexibility as in allowing for multiple select so that people can delete more than one transaction out of that list at a time.  By the comments that have been received it is pretty clear that this operation has affected how the sorting/selecting the next transaction works.  And a such is a "bug".  You should report it as such: Help -> Report a problem

But also in my opinion this is an example of why having multiple modes of handling such things and making things complicated tends to lead to a lot of problems.

The developers spend a ton of time on making the register have all kinds of features and such.  And then basically by having the mode of a "Downloaded Transaction list" you get the requests to basically repeat all that work in this list.  And that is far from easy, and it is certainly prone to introducing bugs like this.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    This is posted in a Mac category, but QMac doesn't have a downloaded transaction acceptance window/process. Are you really using QMac? 

If you are using QMac, could you provide more detail of your download acceptance process? Which screen are you on? What filters do you have invoked? How are your columns sorted? Screenshots would be helpful.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Capt Grandpa
    Capt Grandpa Member ✭✭
    Options
    Of course! I should have mentioned that I am using Q for Windows on a Mac using a virtual machine, Parallels.

Should I post this over at the Windows category or is this likely to be a Parallels problem.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Allowing for the fact maybe moderators will change this to a Windows question (which it is no matter if you are doing this on Mac computer running "virtual Windows") I'm going to "answer" this question.

Recently the Downloaded Transaction tab was "revamped" to allow more flexibility as in allowing for multiple select so that people can delete more than one transaction out of that list at a time.  By the comments that have been received it is pretty clear that this operation has affected how the sorting/selecting the next transaction works.  And a such is a "bug".  You should report it as such: Help -> Report a problem

But also in my opinion this is an example of why having multiple modes of handling such things and making things complicated tends to lead to a lot of problems.

The developers spend a ton of time on making the register have all kinds of features and such.  And then basically by having the mode of a "Downloaded Transaction list" you get the requests to basically repeat all that work in this list.  And that is far from easy, and it is certainly prone to introducing bugs like this.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Capt Grandpa
    Capt Grandpa Member ✭✭
    Options
    I will. Thanks Chris.
This discussion has been closed.