Show overdue transactions at the bottom of the register

It would be nice if Overdue transactions appear at the bottom of the register just before Upcoming transactions.
There are a few reasons for this:
1. Able to see what is overdue at a glance in the register
2. Able to reconcile the balance in Quicken vs the balance at the bank. Now I have to search for the overdue transaction and ad/subtract the amount from the balance
Hope you can consider this!
Thanks
0 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Not to take away from the idea that maybe the Overdue transactions should be at the bottom of the register, but over due transactions should never affect your reconciling.
    They don't even really exist in the register (you can change what reminders are shown in the register using the clock icon), and they aren't included in the reconcile.

Here is an example.
    The register with one unreconciled transaction and one overdue transaction.

The reconcile dialog:

Maybe you are actually entering them into the register?

Edit.
    Even if you are entering them into the register, they should be entered in with nothing in the cleared column so that they wouldn't be selected by default in the reconcile dialog.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Overdue transactions do appear before Due transactions in the Bill and Income Reminders tab at the bottom of the register when sorted by the Due field:  left click on the Due column title.  You want the small triangle to the right of Due to point up.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Sherlock said:
    Overdue transactions do appear before Due transactions in the Bill and Income Reminders tab at the bottom of the register when sorted by the Due field:  left click on the Due column title.  You want the small triangle to the right of Due to point up.
    Good point, I didn't think of that because I use automatic entry mode with reminders in the register (No Downloaded Transactions/Bill Reminders tabs at the bottom).  It might be the same for @XCountry.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • XCountry
    XCountry Member ✭✭
    > @Chris_QPW said:
    > Not to take away from the idea that maybe the Overdue transactions should be at the bottom of the register, but over due transactions should never affect your reconciling.
    > They don't even really exist in the register (you can change what reminders are shown in the register using the clock icon), and they aren't included in the reconcile.
    >
    > Here is an example.
    > The register with one unreconciled transaction and one overdue transaction.
    >
    >
    > The reconcile dialog:
    >
    >
    > Maybe you are actually entering them into the register?
    >
    > Edit.
    > Even if you are entering them into the register, they should be entered in with nothing in the cleared column so that they wouldn't be selected by default in the reconcile dialog.

Yup, this is right if you click on Reconcile. But I was hoping to just do a quick glance at the registers to see the balances without overdue transactions.
  • XCountry
    XCountry Member ✭✭
    > @Chris_QPW said:
    > Good point, I didn't think of that because I use automatic entry mode with reminders in the register (No Downloaded Transactions/Bill Reminders tabs at the bottom).  It might be the same for @XCountry.

I sort my register by date ascending.
    I don't use automatic entry and since my bills fluctuate, I have to wait to view the actual bill amount before I am able to enter them into the register.