How to reconcile transfers between banking accounts

Options
Have reserve accounts set up..example is reserve banking account and transfer into checking and unable to reconcile. Any thoughts?

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    More detailed info needed.  Is the reserve account an actual account at the financial institution.
    What do you mean by "unable to reconcile"?

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• dlcrain
    dlcrain Member
    Options
    Thank you....I set up separate accounts that are connected to checking account. Being retired I collect against our 401k twice a year and maintain what I call a reserve account by transferring from main checking into that fund..still part of checking. Then monthly transfer from the reserve into checking account. As I write this sounds like I am being little ACD on this...🤔
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It appears that you have MORE accounts in Quicken then there are in the real world and that just isn't how Quicken is meant to work.
    I think you need to look into Savings Goals to "reserve" these funds.  When using SGs, when you reconcile the account (in Quicken) that the funds have been "removed" from, they are shown as being in the original account so that you are looking at the true balance of the account and not an artificially lowered balance.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list