I don’t have the blue navigation bar at the top of the screen.

JLGorday
JLGorday Member
I’m a new subscriber using a MAC. I don’t have the blue navigation bar showing the reports menu, etc.

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    @JLGorday  The mobile/web interface to Quicken is a supplement to a desktop Quicken data file. You cannot use the web version by itself. You need to install Quicken Mac or Quicken Windows, create your data file, and then you can enable the web access so you can do some (but not all) things you can do from the desktop program. I don't use the web interface, but I don't believe you can run reports like you can on the desktop application.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    The section navigation bar in the current version is not blue, nor it is a bar. It is a list of words at the top center of the main window:

Make sure you're in the main window, the one titled with your filename under the Window menu. The nav bar is not displayed in other windows such as those opened for individual registers, reports, etc.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • JLGorday
    JLGorday Member
    I’m sorry I don’t see any of that. I’m connected on the web via app.quicken.com. Does that make a difference.
  • JLGorday
    JLGorday Member
    I see the words on the left “dashboard, trans, spending, budgets, etc” but no “reports” menu.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    @JLGorday  The mobile/web interface to Quicken is a supplement to a desktop Quicken data file. You cannot use the web version by itself. You need to install Quicken Mac or Quicken Windows, create your data file, and then you can enable the web access so you can do some (but not all) things you can do from the desktop program. I don't use the web interface, but I don't believe you can run reports like you can on the desktop application.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • JLGorday
    JLGorday Member
    Oh boy. Thank you very much! I’ve spent all day trying to figure this out. I’m glad a 30 day free trial was in included with the subscription and held off ordering a book to help me out.
This discussion has been closed.