Unable to Delete Quicken Data File

I have an old Cloud Data File that appears on the Mobile App, however, this Data File does not appear on my Desktop/Laptop. So, when I go to File, Preferences, Quicken Id & Cloud Accounts this Data File does not appear. If I use my Mobile App and select this data set, it contains data which is three years old. All the problems I recently have had with Quicken seems to be related to Cloud operations. I believe this all stems from an issue I had where I contacted Quicken Support and they had me uninstall Quicken, run QClean, and reinstall. When this was done I changed the name of my Data File on the Desktop. All I want to do is deleted this old Data File that only appears in the Cloud.

Best Answer

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @grafen22

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you have not yet found a solution.

At any point did you change platforms? For example, you used the Windows version and now use the Mac?

This may create datasets that can only be accessed on the platform in which the file was created. If this is the case the dataset will need to be removed from the original platform. 

If this is not the case or you no longer have access to the original platform, I would next recommend contacting support directly for assistance.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the tools to remove this dataset, regardless of the root cause.

Please let us know!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~

Answers

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    This article should help you delete the cloud data.
    How to edit or delete your Cloud datasets in Quicken for Windows
  • grafen22
    grafen22 Member
    This doesn’t work because the Data File does not appear on my Desktop when I go to: “Cloud Accounts Associated with This Quicken ID”. The Data File does appear in the file list on the Mobile App associated with my Quicken ID. I have screenshots of this but I don’t see an option to attach files to this post.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a shot in the dark ...
    Would deleting the Quicken app from your phone delete the app's data file, too?
    If it does, re-download the app and point it to the correct cloud file.
  • grafen22
    grafen22 Member
    UKR
    Interesting idea, but it didn’t work. Thanks.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @grafen22

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you have not yet found a solution.

At any point did you change platforms? For example, you used the Windows version and now use the Mac?

This may create datasets that can only be accessed on the platform in which the file was created. If this is the case the dataset will need to be removed from the original platform. 

If this is not the case or you no longer have access to the original platform, I would next recommend contacting support directly for assistance.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the tools to remove this dataset, regardless of the root cause.

Please let us know!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • grafen22
    grafen22 Member
    Thanks, logged in on my Mac, created a dummy Quicken file. Logged on to Mobile App and was able to delete the old data set.
This discussion has been closed.