Receiving OL-297-A error when trying to connect to and download transactions from UESP.

brian10253
brian10253 Member ✭✭
TLS 1.2 is checked.
First- and Third-party cookies are set to accept.

Answers

• brian10253
    brian10253 Member ✭✭
    Have accepted the Quicken download agreement at UESP as well.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @brian10253

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. I was taking a look and didn't notice any unusual errors when trying fake credentials. One thing we can try here is in a test file that we're able to try connecting in a test file. I'll leave steps down below.

1. Choose File menu > New Quicken File.

Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows

1. Select New Quicken File.

1. Click OK.
    2. In the File name field, enter the name of the new file, then click Save. Use a name like "Test File" to tell it apart from your main file. 

Don't use any of these characters: * ? < > | " : \ / (asterisk, question mark, left and right-angle bracket, pipe, straight quotation marks, colon, BACKSLASH, FORWARD SLASH). Also, don't add the .qdf extension; Quicken does that for you.

1. Sign in with your Quicken ID. If you are prompted to create a Quicken ID but already have one, click Sign In under the Create Account prompt. 

1. Select to not use Mobile.
    2. Click Add Account to start adding accounts to the new file.

After adding accounts, see if you are experiencing the same problems in this test file. Depending what we're able to find out we'll see what our next best step is.  

Thanks, 

Quicken Francisco

• brian10253
    brian10253 Member ✭✭
    Quicken Francisco,
    Followed your instructions to add a new file carefully and precisely. New file added ok but unfortunately still unable to connect to [UESP] my 529 and receive the same Quicken error message code OL-297-A. I appreciate your help and remain open to any other suggestions.
    s/brian10253
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    @brian10253

Thanks for the update. Generally with 297 errors there's not much we can do on Quickens side as the error is related to the FI's server as it's a direct connect issue and we do not have access to the FI's server. In this case I would recommend contacting UESP so that they're able to take a look at exactly what's happening. I believe you've already done the support steps for the article for the 297 error so unfortunately we don't have much more to do. I do apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• brian10253
    brian10253 Member ✭✭
    I did email my529 UESP and they did reply. They stated they have a call in to Quicken and are awaiting a response back from Quicken. Hopefully someone from Quicken will call my529 UESP back to help them resolve this issue.
    Thank you for your assistance.
    s/brian10253
This discussion has been closed.