Cannot backup to external drive

Options
clifff
clifff Member ✭✭
I am unable to backup to an external drive. Getting message unable to open source file?

Answers

• clifff
    clifff Member ✭✭
    Options
    Suddenly working...
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What is the full path to the folder that contains your Quicken data file on the hard drive? Are you using OneDrive, Dropbox or Google Backup?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • clifff
    clifff Member ✭✭
    Options
    Once again unable to open source file???
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Options
    See my post above.
  • clifff
    clifff Member ✭✭
    Options
    i use idrive but have never had this problem before..C:\Users\Cliff\Documents\Quicken\BACKUP\quicken 2017.94.QDF-backup
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Options
    That's your backup file. What is the full path to the folder that contains your Quicken data file on the hard drive? Have you tried pausing Idrive before making a backup?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    clifff said:
    I am unable to backup to an external drive. Getting message unable to open source file?
    When Quicken creates a backup, Quicken momentarily closes the Quicken file.  If at that moment, another program (for example, Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive) opens the Quicken file, Quicken will report that it cannot reopen the Quicken file. 
  • clifff
    clifff Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have paused and exited idrive...still get unable to open source file...this is new as have had idrive for awhile...i have tried at various times after Quicken has not been used for awhile
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @Cliff

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

Being that the issue you are experiencing can have multiple causes-- It may be best for you to contact Quicken Support instead as you may need extensive troubleshooting done in order to have this successfully resolved. They also have the ability to screen share with you (if you feel comfortable doing so) and will be better equipped to help you accomplish and set up what you need.

Click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
This discussion has been closed.