Missing Data

This discussion was created from comments split from: Unable to Delete Quicken Data File.

Comments

• lhoak1
    lhoak1 Member
    I am missing several months in the middle of my 2020 register data. how do I find
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @lhoak1  It would help people help you if you provided some more information.

First, just to make sure, is the register sorted by date? Click on the Date heading to switch the sort order from ascending to descending, and again to switch it back. Are the transactions still missing?

What version of Quicken are you running?
    Did you just move to this version (e.g. move from Quicken 2007, or Quicken 2015), or have you been using it for awhile?
    Is this just one register (for instance, checking), or more ethane one register (like credit cards)?
    Are you sure this data was present in Quicken previously?
    If yes, when did you notice it was missing, and had you made any other changes in Quicken (such as upgrading to a new version) around that time?
    Do you have any backups of your Quicken data?

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @lhoak1

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you're experiencing this trouble.

To make sure we rule out everything that we can to get to the bottom of this issue, can you confirm that the register of the missing transactions is not being sorted.

For example, if the date range is changed to a date prior to there being transactions in the account, it will appear as though the transactions are now missing.

Please confirm that the filter shows "All Dates" "Any Type" and "All Transactions" and is sorted by date as shown below.

Im Missing Some Transactions or New Transactions Did Not Download From My Bank Quicken for Windows

Please let me know what you find!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • dntpat
    dntpat Member
    How do I restore the green date line on my register
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited January 2021
    @dntpat  The green line appears when your register is sorted by date (ascending or descending). If your register is sorted by any other field, simply click on the Date heading to sort it by date (and a second time if you want the opposite order).

That said, if you do not have any future-dated transactions visible in the register, the green line sits at the very top (or bottom) of the register, where it may be harder to see than when it's positioned between two transactions with light backgrounds.

P.S. In the future, if you have a question which isn't a direct follow-up to a particular topic, it's always better to start a new topic (click Ask a Question on the left side of the Recent Discussions page) so the subject line will attract fellow members of the community who may be able to respond and be of help.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • dntpat
    dntpat Member
    Thank you Jacob..It worked immediately.. :)
This discussion has been closed.