I am receiving Error OL-221-A when trying to add Apple Card transactions download to Quicken?

Options
The QFX file downloads to my phone, then I send the file to OneDrive on my phone, then when I double click the file in OneDrive on my PC I get the OL-221-A error. What is the simplest way to DL Apple Card transactions directly to my PC?

Answers

• Brad95X
    Brad95X Member ✭✭
    Options
    "Quicken is unable to complete your request.[OL-221-A]"

[OL-221-B]
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Hello @Brad1195062,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

As stated at the bottom of this support article regarding error OL-221-- 
    "Web Connect (Importing a QFX file from your bank's website) - Receiving this error when downloading a QFX file directly from your bank's website indicates an issue with the file itself. You will need to contact your bank to resolve this issue."

Since QFX files are created and provided by the financial institution, Quicken is unable to resolve this issue. Only the financial institution providing the file can. 

Alternatively, one thing you can try (as a temporary workaround) is to open the .QFX file in notepad, then hold Ctrl on your keyboard to open a search engine and search for "INTU.BID". Once it's been found you will see left (<) and right (>) caret symbols. Behind the right caret, there should be a number(s) showing (ranging anywhere from 1 to 4 or more digits)-- i.e: "<INTU.BID>123". Erase the numbers that are there and replace them with a different number (leave the caret symbol). This doesn't have to be any specific number. I usually use "225" for example. Save the changes you made, then close the .QFX in notepad and try importing it to Quicken again. 

If successful (no error message) you will notice that the financial institution name has changed. The reason for this is because we changed the financial institution number code. Still, go ahead and continue to import it (though I do recommend doing so as a new account first) and check to see if that imported correctly (transaction-wise). You can then move the transactions from the new account that was added over to the existing account and then delete the new account after the transactions have been moved.

Keep in mind that this is a workaround and therefore may not always be successful. Therefore, we do recommend still reaching out to your financial institution that provides the .QFX file in order to have it resolved.

Additionally, if for any reason you are given any pushback by them, then you can also call Quicken Support via phone and request to have one of our support agents make a conference call to your financial institution with you. Our support agent will be able to assist you in explaining to your financial institution why this error cannot be resolved on our end and that it will require an escalation ticket to be made on their end instead.

I hope this helps and please let us know if you have any additional questions!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Hello @Brad1195062,

Erase the numbers that are there and replace them with a different number (leave the caret symbol). This doesn't have to be any specific number. I usually use "225" for example. Save the changes you made, then close the .QFX in notepad and try importing it to Quicken again. 
    You are one lucky lady.   ;)   (actually there is so many numbers the odds are on your side)

It actually does matter what number you pick.  For instance if you picked 13125 you would get this message:

The 
    INTU.BID number refers to the first number on this line for each financial institution listing from this list:
    https://ofx-prod-filist.intuit.com/qw2800/data/fidir.txt

I purposely picked this one:
    13125	13125	13125	zzz-Union State Bk - Fargo	https://www.border.bank	218-782-2151	https://web9.secureinternetbank.com/PBI_PBI1151/Login/091216133	ACTIVE	BANKING&DIRECT	 	 	 	NOT_QBP	NA

Notice the zzz-... that is what Intuit does for entries that are no longer valid.
    So the number picked has to be of a financial institution that is on the list and active.

But in fact I would troubleshoot this problem differently.

The very first thing one should do if they get a OL-221-A (or -B) error is check the connection log for errors.  Help -> Log Files -> Connection Log

The reason is because OL-221-A and -B get reported for two reasons.  One is if financial institution's number/information doesn't line up with the above list, but also if there is a syntax error in the QFX file (or Direct Connect response, which in fact are both the same thing).

I purposely put a syntax in a QFX file and tried import it.  This is the dialog I get.

Looking in the connection log I see this:
    ==== OSU Start (20210111/19:32:19) ====

==== OSU End (20210111/19:32:48) ====
    20210111 19:35:30: Not all required fields present. Object: CCSTMTRS missing tag: LEDGERBAL
    20210111 19:35:30: 

I think you will find that importing the Apple QFX file gives you a similar error.
    And since it is "Apple" (or whoever manages the credit card) that is generating that QFX file only they can fix it.

BTW if I took a known good QFX file and change out the INIT.BID and FID numbers to the one for the Apple credit card it works fine:

So the problem isn't in the information in the list above or the verifying of that information it is a problem in the generated QFX file.

I believe this has been going on for quite some time at least on the Windows side.  I remember threads on it, and I don't believe it has ever been resolved.

I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised that there is in fact a syntax error in the QFX file that Quicken Windows catches, but Quicken Mac doesn't catch/ignores.  And most likely once they had it working on the Mac side where most of the complaints might be, they probably never pursued it for the Windows' side of the complaints.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.