Schwab Download/Update returns Error 403 on all acounts

Randy Chevrier
Randy Chevrier Mac Beta Beta
I'm using Mac Version 6.0.3 (Build 600.37136.100) on macOS 10.14.6

As of today I'm not able to download Schwab account transactions. Doing so results in 
Download Error (403)
HTTP-403 Error from Charles Schwab & Co., Inc.
Last attempt 1/7/2021 - 5:39 PM
0 new transactions downloaded

I get this for 3 accounts that I previously had no problem with, at least as of 1/7/2021 at 5:39 PM. ;-)

Please update us on when this issue will be resolved or how we can fix it if its and issue for us to resolve.

Comments

• GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭✭
    All of sudden I can't connect to Schwab this AM. Anyone else having this issue?
  • india just
    india just Mac Beta Beta
    no issue for me.  perhaps related to peak volume throttling of traffic that banks have been doing?  noticed many complaints across multiple providers here in Q logs. Also, schwab has had a peak volume for phone/messaging status alert after login for the past almost 2 weeks now.
    Long time user, mac only, brand new to beta testing.  NOOB.  Allin on beta.
  • howiep
    howiep Member ✭✭
    Same for me. Schwab accounts not connecting (403 error). All other accounts connect and download.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you checked to make sure that your accounts are connected using the Direct Connect method?
    I may be wrong, but based on what I've been reading here, other methods may no longer be supported by Schwab.
  • howiep
    howiep Member ✭✭
    All 3 of my Schwab accounts are Direct Connect. Still no service.
  • GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭✭
    I can't check at the moment (not at my computer). Will check in a couple of hours and update.
  • GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭✭
    I have 3 different Schwab accounts and all 3 are giving me the 403 error. Tried reconnecting and no impact. All are direct connect.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone called Schwab Support yet?
  • GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭✭
    I sent Schwab an e-mail. The wait time on the phone was too long.
  • himalaya
    himalaya Member ✭✭
    Same here. Doesn't work on two different sets of accounts with two different quicken files, so clearly not a single user signon issue. It's something more general. Just started today, was working at least through Jan 9.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello Everyone.

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. We've recently been seeing an increase in the error Http 403 so we're looking to collect logs to have a deeper look. Once you have a chance could you please go across the top and select help > Report a problem. In the subject line please put ATTN:Francisco  and also make sure to have every log file also selected (This should be selected by default). Once you have done this please let us know as well.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• howiep
    howiep Member ✭✭
    Still showing no connection on the Account Status page, however, all 3 Schwab accounts have been updated correctly!! A total of 7 investment items were updated that are included in the 3 accounts.
  • GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭✭
    I have sent the file to ATTN:Francisco as requested.
  • GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭✭
    I did speak with someone at Schwab tech support and they too are aware of this issue.
  • nothingclever
    nothingclever Member ✭✭
    Having similar issue. Can I also forward you my logs as well? Thanks
  • calfoxiii
    calfoxiii Member ✭✭
    I'm having the same issue. All accounts are synching except Schwab. I'm getting the same Download Error (403) HTTP-403 Error from Charles Schwab & Co., Inc.. I just went back into Quicken and sent my log files to your attention. Thanks in advance for the help!
  • tomstrader
    tomstrader Member, Mac Beta Beta
    I’m having the same issue. 
  • I am having the same issue. Just sent my log files.
  • Same problem started 02:16 Mon 01/11/2021
  • DaufuskieNate
    DaufuskieNate Member ✭✭
    Still unable to connect this morning.
  • gizmo78023
    gizmo78023 Member ✭✭
    Same issue here. Sending log files.
  • mkh.finan
    mkh.finan Member ✭✭
    Same issue here, with one exception. I have a Schwab checking account that downloaded this morning, so why the other Schwab accounts did not is even quirkier.
  • tomstrader
    tomstrader Member, Mac Beta Beta
    I just send log files. Still not working. 
  • parthian
    parthian Member
    I just sent log files, I'm having the same issue.
  • toms123
    toms123 Member ✭✭
    Quicken mac can't connect to Schwab on 1/12/21.
    Why?
  • BrianCW
    BrianCW Member
    Same issue here. Began 2 days ago and only with Schwab accounts. Please confirm if log files would be helpful and I will send.
  • GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭✭
    Schwab issue continuing this AM...
  • GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    See this link. Issue continuing this AM (January 12): [removed - self referencing link]
  • jpsedona
    jpsedona Member
    Same issue here
  • Same issue. Hasn't downloaded ince 1/10. Do you want log files?
This discussion has been closed.