Truncating Text in Amount Line on a Printed Check

djersey1
djersey1 Member ✭✭
Is there a way to reduce the number of characters or truncate the text in the "Amount" line on a printed wallet size check?
There seems to be too many asterisks between the Text amount and the numbered amount.

Best Answer

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Hi, djersey1:

No, you cannot alter the # of characters/truncate text.

Make sure you are using the correct check stock (Check 21) and have it correctly aligned. 

Answers

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Hi, djersey1:

No, you cannot alter the # of characters/truncate text.

Make sure you are using the correct check stock (Check 21) and have it correctly aligned. 

• djersey1
    djersey1 Member ✭✭
    John in NC,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I sort of new it wouldn't be possible after spending an hour or so searching anything relating to editing this line.

Quicken doesn't address anything other than up/down alignment and the internet had no mention of anything even remotely possible.

Thanks again

Don
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just curious ... can you show us an image snapshot of a real check you printed, showing this condition? Of course, in the submitted image black out all personal information, leaving the check form itself plus the date, numeric amount and amount in words for us to review.
    I just want to make sure that this isn't a setup issue, where the check is printed with enlargement > 100% actual size.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7663259/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-a-mac

Please save images to files of file type PNG, JPG, or GIF only. They're easier to work with than PDF files.

This discussion has been closed.