I have one PayPal account but a 2nd one shows up

Options
I have one PayPal account, but a 2nd account shows up. The one that SHOULD be there is correct. The 2nd one, however, is $200 LESS than the actual account.
I contacted PayPal and they said that all they show is the account that I said was correct. They don't see the 2nd account I mentioned.
They suggested that I contact Quicken.

Any ideas?

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi again @Carl Riley

Yes, that was what I meant - I was trying to figure our what could cause another account in Quicken to be established, and that maybe moving from a "manual" account to download status, may have triggered the new account to be setup.

So, assuming that BOTH accounts are actually downloading transactions currently, which may not be the case, I would suggest that you simply delete that new account.  If the old account is not currently downloading, after you delete the new account - you should reactivate downloading for the old account.

Let me know if you have any followups and also hoe you make out with this.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @Carl Riley

Did you just setup the Paypal account in Quicken, or has it been in your Quicken file for some time?  If you've had the account in your file, did you just recently setup the download function?

Get back to me and well go from there.

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Carl Riley
    Carl Riley Member ✭✭
    Options
    No, it's been in my account for quite a while. Not certain when the 2nd one popped up.
    I always update the account along with all my others, if that's what you mean.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi again @Carl Riley

Yes, that was what I meant - I was trying to figure our what could cause another account in Quicken to be established, and that maybe moving from a "manual" account to download status, may have triggered the new account to be setup.

So, assuming that BOTH accounts are actually downloading transactions currently, which may not be the case, I would suggest that you simply delete that new account.  If the old account is not currently downloading, after you delete the new account - you should reactivate downloading for the old account.

Let me know if you have any followups and also hoe you make out with this.

Frankx

• Carl Riley
    Carl Riley Member ✭✭
    Options
    PayPal has never been a manual account. The only accounts I have that are manual are my cash accounts.

I find it interesting, though, that the 2nd account is exactly $200 off.
This discussion has been closed.