Unable to add deposit to register

This discussion was created from comments split from: Where are my transactions?.

Comments

• KKnola
    KKnola Member
    Hoping this is the correct place to ask this question: I have a bank account that is not on the Quicken list (which is OK as I would prefer to enter the info manually). However, after setting this up as a "bank", there is no option for a deposit - every entry is deducted from the opening balance. I even set up a dummy account to see if I had done something wrong: same issue. Anyone with any ideas?
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @KKnola

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. I'm wondering if you may not have the payment/deposit accounts set up by chance as you should be able to use these two columns in order to input transactions easily. To double check in the top right of the register right below the register search bar you'll see a small cogwheel and it should give you a list of options with a small checkbox next to them. You'll want to make sure the deposit and payment are checked off so that you'll have those columns in the register. I also have a video here that'll help with entering transactions and goes through the process as well.

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-do-i-enter-accounts-and-transactions-manually-quicken-windows

Once you have the chance let us know if this helps you out. If not we'll see what we can try next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco