Citibank downloads are all messed up.

Options
Transactions are being added, transactions are missing, old transactions are being duplicated,
Is anyone else having these problems with downloading transactions from Citibank?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@greg.ziolkowski

Thanks for letting us know. Given the amount of errors you're having it may be best for you to contact Quicken Support instead as you may need extensive troubleshooting done in order to have this successfully resolved. They also have the ability to screen share with you (if you feel comfortable doing so) and will be better equipped to help you accomplish and set up what you need.

Click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

Thanks,
    Quicken francisco

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    edited January 2021
    Options

Hello @Kenneth Johnson

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. It sounds like your transactions may not be downloading with an ID attached. In this case what we'll want to try is to deactivate and reactivate the accounts so we're able to refresh the connection. I'll leave steps down below.

First thing I'll recommend is to save a backup to revert back to just in case. You can find how to do so down below. 

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data

Next we'll try deactivating all of the accounts. You can do so by following the article listed down below.

https://www.quicken.com/support/deactivate-online-banking-services-quicken-account

Once all the accounts are deactivated go ahead and follow the article here on reconnecting the accounts.

https://www.quicken.com/support/reactivating-deactivated-account

Once you've done this let us know how it goes! Depending what you're able to find we'll see what we can try next.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

• Kenneth Johnson
    Options
    Thanks for your response. It appears that Citi has updated their security protocols and demanded a deactivation and reconnect per their website. I did do this according to the Citi website instructions and I am back to normal. Sort of a blindside by Citi that they were taking this action without any warning.
  • greg.ziolkowski
    greg.ziolkowski Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I am having the same problem. I've deactivated and reactivated the account and still and not getting all of the transactions.
  • greg.ziolkowski
    greg.ziolkowski Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Note: I said "not getting ALL". I will do an update and get some transation(s). I still have transactions that SHOULD HAVE POSTED. I do the deact/reactivate and MAY get another transaction(s) BUT NOT others that Citibank has posted. I am finding this problem on other accounts as well. Most notably is my Amazon account at Synchrony bank. Apparently Synchrony does not work with Express Connect. When I try to EXPORT the transactions to Quicken a file is created but Quicken will MOST times give and error message BUT SOMETIMES does process the file correctly. SOMETIMES I get an error message and other times NOTHING happens. I also have the problem with Discover.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Answer ✓
    Options

@greg.ziolkowski

Thanks for letting us know. Given the amount of errors you're having it may be best for you to contact Quicken Support instead as you may need extensive troubleshooting done in order to have this successfully resolved. They also have the ability to screen share with you (if you feel comfortable doing so) and will be better equipped to help you accomplish and set up what you need.

Click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

Thanks,
    Quicken francisco

• fletch11
    fletch11 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have this same issue. When I download transactions from my Citibank credit card, some are missing. I have to check through each transaction to figure out what is missing and then add manually. If you discover any work arounds, would you mind posting? Thanks much
  • agentry338
    agentry338 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am also missing cleared transactions when I download from Citibank. The last time it worked properly - all cleared transactions downloaded - was 2/2/21.
This discussion has been closed.