Unable to categorize a transaction. Does not list all the sub categories

Options
wkubly
wkubly Member
Hi,
I am not even sure when this started but when I try to select a sub-category it does not show up in the list on the transaction. If I open categories I do find the sub-category I am looking for.
For instance I have main category Rental House with several sub-categories such as landscaping, lawn cutting, utilities and repairs. When I am categorizing a transaction only landscaping and lawn cutting show up.
If this was Quicken for Windows I would repair the file but I don't see how to do that on this version for the Mac.
Thanks

Will

Answers

• MontanaKarl
    MontanaKarl Member, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Are the missing subcategories gone when you simply click on the Category field of a new transaction and scroll through and then hover over "Rental House"?  If so... then I've no ideas... hopefully someone else has one.  (There is no 'repair' as you've found.)

If they do show up there, then I'm curious if your have "Long Names" displayed in your register (which would match Quicken Windows behavior)?

Quicken > Preferences > Register Tab ... at the top, if you don't have it selected, select "Display Long Names".  With this selected, the register will display, in your example, "Rental House:Utilities" instead of just "Utilities". My guess is that there is a glitch with quickfill and that you might have another Utilities category/subcategory somewhere in your file and things are getting confused?

Quicken user since 1990, MacBook Pro M2 Max on Ventura 13.6.5 • Windows 11

• wkubly
    wkubly Member
    Options
    Hi Thanks for your response Karl,
    You are correct, it when I create a new transaction or edit an existing transaction. I have found a few other categories doing this but have not found a reason. I have a Main called "Postage and Delivery Shipping" that also does not show up when typing on the category line or using the drop down. But If I open categories and search it shows right up.
    I went to quicken online and the categories work correctly there so it seems to be my local Application that is the issue.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @wkubly

Thank you for the response, although I am sorry to hear that the trouble continues to persist.

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the ability to initiate a screen share to view the issue in real-time to review and research this further.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.