Transactions

IZ44
IZ44 Member ✭✭
Transactions have disappeared. I did a backup restore where I know Quicken was working correctly but that didn't fix the problem. I reinstalled Quicken, that didn't fix the problem & I reinstall a patch, that didn't fix the problem. Tried calling support but sat on the phone for an hour, no response. Is there anything else I can do?

Comments

• Quicken Hugh
    Quicken Hugh Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @IZ44
    Sorry to hear that the transactions have disappeared. 
    First, please better describe exactly what transactions have disappeared. Are we discussing a chk, svg, inv, CC acct, or something else? Can you include a screenshot to point out exactly what you're seeing now, and describe what's missing? Are there some columns that you expect to see but don't or is the date-order mixed up?

(Sorry, at this particular time period, the wait time for support is much longer than usual. We are working as quickly as possible to help everyone who calls. Many people, like yourself, are trying to prepare for the new year, and close out 2020 for tax purposes.)

You've already tried to go to a backup file, and also reinstalled the entire Quicken software. But you've still got the same concern. Without full information, I suspect this seems to be more of a settings issue, rather than a software or data file issue. When you go into the Register of an account, the entire Register and all transactions are simply missing? Or are some transactions within the Register missing? It's not yet clear - please post more details so that we might be better able to help you. 
  • GenericUser7
    GenericUser7 Unconfirmed, Member
    I recently noticed that a loan balance in Quicken was higher than the actual loan balance, and I traced it back to a block of 4 payments missing from the loan register. They payments do show up in the checking account register from where they were made. I even deleted them and manually re-entered them to see if they would show up in the loan register. No success. Further, the principal reduction amount no longer tracks the amortization schedule. In short, the balance is higher than it should be due to four missing reductions, and the principal and interest split appears to have been recalculated.

The payment is recorded each month manually from a reminder. The reminder is set up to make a payment from a checking account, and the payment is split three ways: loan account, escrow account, and loan interest category. The four payments in question were between 8/18 and 11/18. Payments before 8/18 are fine and the P & I splits are correct. Payments from 8/18 to 11/18 only show up in the checking account, and the P&I split is off. Payments 12/18 and beyond show up in both accounts, and the P&I split appears to be off in the checking register. Any thoughts on how to straighten this out?
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @GenericUser7,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and providing a detailed description of your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, I suggest you create a copy of your data file in an attempt to rebuild all of the internal lists and database tables. Then, try to Validate your data file in the copied file by following the steps below. However, I do recommend that you also Save a backup of your data file first before trying these steps (just in case). 
    1. Navigate to the File menu
    2. Select File Operations
    3. Copy...
    4. Leave the presets as is and click OK
    5. Wait for the copy procedure to complete
    6. Select New Copy and click OK                                                                              
    7. Once the newly copied file opens, navigate back to the File menu
    8. Select File Operations
    9. Validate and Repair...
    10. Select Validate file
    11. Click OK
    12. Close the Data Log
    13. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    14. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    You can also try to Super validate the copied file by holding down the Ctrl + Shift keys on your keyboard while selecting Validate and Repair... (step 9) which will give you the option to Super validate file instead of Validate file.

If this does not resolve the issue, you can either switch back to your original file or restore the backup you saved prior to performing the above troubleshooting instructions (both the original and backup files should remain unaffected by the steps performed in the copied file).

Follow the steps below to switch back to your original file
    :
    1. Click the File menu.
    2. Look near the bottom of the options list.
    3. Select the data file you want to open. 

Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows
    Quicken will list the most recently opened data files, with a checkmark next to the file you are currently viewing.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• I have had the same issue that IZ44 had just recently after the update that Quicken has had. My downloads from my bank into my checking accounts on Quicken would not download. When I downloaded the .QFX file from the bank they would match up, HOWEVER some would match and go missing. The amount would still be taken out of my total on Quicken, but the match transaction is gone. These are transactions that 'scheduled' my mortgage payments are missing and not showing other bills are missing after being paid. This has screwed up my whole budget to where I can't rely on my Quicken Program.
    I just tried a Restore from backup from a date previous to the Update. I have the transactions back before they were matched. Which still is not matching up with my bank.
    So I've Restored from earlier this week after the update to see how things are looking. And I'm right back to where I was before with Transactions that matched are missing, but also any 'scheduled' transactions that have been set up and matched are all gone. It now shows a difference from the bank of about $1,200.00
    I have 2 more years paid into this program software. Your update really messed things up for me. If this is not fixed soon, I'm not going to continue with this program and will not promote this program like I have in the past. Please get this fixed promptly. It would have been great to talk to someone over the phone, but that's been a laugh an one half to get to talk to someone.
  • One more thing about the amount being off from the bank. It is not duplicate transactions. I've scanned through my whole history and there is none.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @DarklyKnighted

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the ability to initiate a screen share to view the issue in real-time to review and research this further.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~