"Don't Show me this Screen Again"-Reconcile Message

Comments

• Bob@45
    [email protected] Member ✭✭✭
    I have what appears to be a related problem, though I don't see it mentioned in these messages (I easily could have missed it). Following recent problems with Quicken, I recently initiated a full rebuild of my Quicken file, using Quicken utilities to transfer all transactional records from my old file to my new file. All my accounts are there, all transactions (though a number of split transactions got confused in the transfer), and I'm operational. 

Quicken Premier, Windows, R29.22, build 27.1.29.22

After I download transactions for a credit card account and reconcile, I am asked "Do you want to make a payment now? 

I never make payments from within Quicken. I click Don't show me this screen again, and then click NO.  The next time I reconcile the account, I get the same prompt, and over and over again. 

Conclusion:  "The Don't show me this screen again" option is broken. 

@QuickenSarah or anyone else, has this been reported as well, or should I submit a new bug report? 

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @[email protected]

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

If you have not done so already, I would first recommend running the Validate & Repair tool on the data file from the File menu > File Operations > Validate & Repair option.

In the Validate File window that opens, click the top box to "validate file" and then click OK.

When the validation completes, a data log will open in Notepad, please let us know if any errors or issues are found/repaired, and when ready close and re-open Quicken.

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • JohnWells
    JohnWells Member ✭✭
    I have the same problem with clicking "Do not show me this screen again" and "No," only to have it pop up every time I complete downloaded transactions in credit card accounts. I get no errors in Validate file. I am running R30.19
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 8
    Hello @JohnWells

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that the trouble continues to persist.

If you have not done so already, I would start by saving a backup and updating to the most recent release.

https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product

Please let me know if the trouble persists after completing this step.

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • JohnWells
    JohnWells Member ✭✭
    Tyka, it is still popping up the "Make Credit Card Payment" window. I am running most recent release. I have gone to Edit/Preferences/Alerts and Messages/ and clicked "Reset Quicken Warnings." I still get the payment window after again clicking on "Do Not Ask Me Again."
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @JohnWells

Thank you for the response and the additional details.

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the tools to review and research this issue further.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • JohnWells
    JohnWells Member ✭✭
    I chatted with support and they ended up telling me I need to submit a report. I cannot find how to do that anywhere on the Quicken website. Maybe that requires Premium support? How do I make developers aware of this glitch?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 28
    Hello @JohnWells

Thank you for the response, although I apologize that you have been unable to locate the option to report a problem.

This is located in the Quicken application under Help. It is labeled "Report a Problem."

To clarify, Premium support will move you to the front of the line when contacting for help. All Quicken products come with free support and do not require an additional purchase to receive support.

I hope this helps.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~