Re: Cloud issues after 30.14

oldngrmpy1
oldngrmpy1 Member ✭✭✭✭
I do not use mobile, and never have nor never will. I had sync turned off and was still and am still having some problems. Can someone tell me where I should be regarding cloud sync. I noticed today that my sync was turned back on somehow for some reason, as I had it off and never turned it back on. Should it be on or off for my circumstances? I noticed that it's difficult  to find where to do that now, something has changed. Do I need to delete my cloud data and how. I'm not sure after all that's transpired since I started having my problems in Nov. Where is the procedure  and how and when to use given the present circumstances? Thanks.

Best Answer

• BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021 Answer ✓
    @TJ102, If you are not using mobile and web, you can safely disable cloud sync which is recommended.  But even if you delete your cloud dataset file, another one will be created no matter what.  However the risk for possible sync issues and corruption will be significantly reduced when sync is disabled.
    If you wish to delete it (and create a clean one in case you are experiencing issues now) here is the procedure - but it must be done using another/test Quicken datafile with sync turned on temporarily.  Make sure to backup first.
    - QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

Answers

• BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021 Answer ✓
    @TJ102, If you are not using mobile and web, you can safely disable cloud sync which is recommended.  But even if you delete your cloud dataset file, another one will be created no matter what.  However the risk for possible sync issues and corruption will be significantly reduced when sync is disabled.
    If you wish to delete it (and create a clean one in case you are experiencing issues now) here is the procedure - but it must be done using another/test Quicken datafile with sync turned on temporarily.  Make sure to backup first.

• oldngrmpy1
    oldngrmpy1 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Sync is now turned off so I'm going to just leave everything alone. I use Q strictly as a banking register, and reports access,  nothing else, absolutely nothing else as I have a hard enough time keeping that working. I did want to mention to you to pass on the fact that if you go to quicken help looking for cloud sync help, with my circumstances, the info on how to "Delete all my data on the Quicken Cloud" is messed up, so if you get a chance to check that out and pass it on. It appears Q has blocked my open forum priviledge as the only msgs I get are  personal with @ before my name (I am making an assumption here) Thanks for the help!
  • diogeneedle
    diogeneedle Member ✭✭
    Followed BK's procedure to delete my cloud data. Unfortunately, I am prevented from doing so because the item "Cloud accounts associated with this Quicken ID" that I am supposed to click on in the "Quicken ID and Cloud Accounts" window is not there.
  • oldngrmpy1
    oldngrmpy1 Member ✭✭✭✭
    First. are you using Mobile & Web! Second, are you having the cloud issues others talked about after the R30.14 release. If the answer is no, I wouldn't consider deleting the cloud information. I'd live by the old adage "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". I would however be sure that your "Sync" is turned off. Go to Preferences, in the left column go down to  'Mobile and We" (second from the bottom) and be sure it shows the word off when you click on it, you should see the word "OFF" and is in black and white colors. If you have anything other than what I just explained, have any or all of the problems, I would call support to get assistance to fix the issue. If you can I'd make a back up copy of your Quicken file on and external device to use, or maybe 2 back-ups on 2 devices. Use one of them with with support assistance only! That is my 2 cents worth for you. Good Luck! Just remember always backup, backup, backup, preferably at least 2 on 2 separate external devices. I do not feel I understand all this well because I don't use mobile and Web, and would hate to give you instructions to make things worse. I'll "TRY" to answer any more questions, but support might be the best bet!
  • BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    @diogeneedle, I provided a link by Quicken support.  And as I had stated earlier in addition, you need to take some extra steps and here are the details in the proper order:
    1- Use ANOTHER quicken file (or create a test file using File > New Quicken file) and
    2- Turn on Sync in this other test file (Edit > Preferences >  Mobile & Web) and MUST click OK.  (note: don't use the Reset function here - there was/is a reported bug!)

3- Go back to Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts and
    4- Select "Cloud accounts associated with this Quicken ID".
    5- There you can view a list of your cloud dataset files and take an action if you wish

If you still don't see it, something is very wrong and you should contact Quicken support.
    As for deleting the cloud dataset, there is no concern in deleting it or Quicken would not have provided a specific support link for it.
    NOTE that even after you delete it, once you go back and open you main Quicken file (even with Sync turned off), you will see a Sync message and a new & clean cloud dataset file will be created.
    Hope you will find these details Helpful.

This discussion has been closed.