unwanted account showing up on mobile app

GCC
GCC Member
I am using quicken on a mac and the mobile app. when I sync to the mobile app, an account that is hidden on the mac shows up in the net worth on the mobile app. how do I get rid of it. I have tried to reset but that doesn't help

Answers

• goquy114
    goquy114 Member ✭✭
    After Quicken is up and running, click the One Step Update icon. Under Online Services, click the link next to Sync to Quicken Cloud (manage accounts to sync). You should be able to uncheck the hidden account in this listing. Then reset the cloud and sync.
  • GCC
    GCC Member
    where do I find the one step update icon?
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @GCC

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. In order to remove accounts from the mobile sync we'll want to be on your Mac. From there in the top left select Quicken > Preferences >  Mobile, Web & Alerts. From here you'll see all of the account selected for mobile sync. Checkmark any accounts you do want to have active and any that you don't remove them. Hit update once you're done. From there your accounts should sync and when you go to the mobile app you should not see that account anymore.

Please let us know if this helps resolve the issue for you.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• GCC
    GCC Member
    this did not solve the problem. I think the issue is being caused because some accounts are in the account list on quicken on the web and are not on my desktop list. These are the accounts that are causing the problem. Can I remone them from the web account list?
  • Quicken Francisco
    @GCC

Thanks for the update. The accounts are controlled from the macs control in this case. I'm wondering if we might have multiple files maybe? One thing we can also check is that since they're hidden accounts we could unhide them and then try the previous step again to see if they're listed this time. You can unhide the accounts by going across the top to accounts > hide and show accounts. From here try unhiding them and we'll see if we're able to get them off the list.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • GCC
    GCC Member
    I hid and unhid the accounts. They still show up in the net worth on the mobile. Do you think this is related to the fact that my quicken file was recently converted from pc to mac? Everything was fine when I was using the windows version.
  • Quicken Francisco
    @GCC

Thanks for the update. I think they might be it then since it would be in the timeframe. One thing I can think of trying here then would be to delete the currently cloud dataset and remaking it entirely. To do this you'll need to switch to a different data file to delete it.  I'll leave the article down below on how to do so.

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-edit-or-delete-your-cloud-datasets-quicken-mac

Once you've had the chance to try this let us know how it goes!

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • GCC
    GCC Member
    Getting close. The unwanted accounts are gone, but the amounts do not match between the mobile app and the desktop. Something I noticed is that there are 2 accounts with the same name on the mobile app. One still has the unwanted accounts, the other doesn't but shows no transactions past 1/1/2021.
  • Quicken Francisco
    @GCC

That's good to hear. If that's the case we might want to try to reset the cloud again if you haven't done so already so that we're able to try getting it resynced one more time. I believe you've done the reset already but just in case the steps are to make sure. You'll want to go across the top to quicken > preferences > connected services > reset. Once you've tried this let us know if it's still having issues. 

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • GCC
    GCC Member
    I reset the cloud again and nothing changed. I think the problem is that there is a file on quicken on the web that I can not delete. This screen shot shows the dummy file and another called qdata. The qdata file does not show up in connected services in quicken
  • Quicken Francisco
    @GCC

Thanks for the update. At this point-- I do recommend contacting Quicken Support via chat or phone and sharing your screen with one of our support reps, if you feel comfortable doing so, to have the matter looked at and hopefully fixed promptly. They'll be able to try more steps with you to try getting the account fully synced for use. I'll leave ours hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you.

-Quicken Francisco

Quicken Phone Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Friday

5:00 am to 5:00 pm PDT

Quicken Chat Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Sunday

5:00 am to 5:00 pm PDT

This discussion has been closed.