Search Function

Can I setup the search feature to search all accounts at once instead of just the active account?

Best Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    This is easy. Just select the All Transactions group register in the sidebar and then do the search. All accounts will be searched, including hidden accounts.

You can also take advantage of this with other group registers. For example, say you know you paid for something with a credit card, but you don't remember which one. Just select the Credit Cards group register and do a search.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    One additional thing to note: if you select All Transactions, it will also search in hidden accounts. I've changed credit cards a lot over time, so depending what I'm searching for, clicking on the Credit Card subgroup will only search in the active accounts, while All Transactions will search active and hidden accounts -- which is far easier than unhiding accounts to do a search and then re-hiding them.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    This is easy. Just select the All Transactions group register in the sidebar and then do the search. All accounts will be searched, including hidden accounts.

You can also take advantage of this with other group registers. For example, say you know you paid for something with a credit card, but you don't remember which one. Just select the Credit Cards group register and do a search.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    One additional thing to note: if you select All Transactions, it will also search in hidden accounts. I've changed credit cards a lot over time, so depending what I'm searching for, clicking on the Credit Card subgroup will only search in the active accounts, while All Transactions will search active and hidden accounts -- which is far easier than unhiding accounts to do a search and then re-hiding them.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • lrusso
    lrusso Member
    Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.