Deleting a report and saving a new one with the same name?

jimshu1
jimshu1 Member ✭✭✭
This isn't so much a problem than just an observation, and a bit of curiousity. I have created almost 75 reports. I go through them each January and update custom date ranges, accounts, categories, etc.

I really like the recent, plain "Save" button feature so that I don't have to keep deleting the "1" off of the end of the titles like I used to to prevent duplicate reports. I always uncheck save history when saving.

I'm finding an interesting quirk. If I delete a report (report & graph) and then create a new one and name it exactly the same as the one I deleted, when I click Save, a second copy of that exact report pops up over the new report I just saved. I close it, and then close the one I just saved, and just one report by that name appears in my saved report listing. So, no real problem, just was curious why a 2nd copy pops up when I click Save under these circumstances...
Quicken Deluxe for Windows. Latest subscription version. I've been a user for decades.

- Jim S.

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @jimshu1

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report your issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

If you have not done so already, I would also recommend navigating to Help > Report a Problem to report this issue/feedback.

This report will not receive a direct response but the information will be used to investigate and research purposes.

Thank you!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.