I can't add new a new account for my credit union

Options
I have several independent checking accounts with my credit union - one for business, one personal, one for another business, etc. Each has their own online user ID and password. I tried to add a new checking account from the same credit union to Quicken and even though I used the unique user ID and password for the new account when prompted, Quicken opens the account from one of the old accounts that has a totally different online ID and password.

Answers

• David_Coach
    David_Coach Member ✭✭
    Options
    Let me correct above post: it does now find and show the account when I try to add it but under "actions", it says "do not add to Quicken" and if I click "next", the screen goes away without allowing me the option to change the action.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Hello @David_Coach

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

I would first begin by confirming the accounts that are associated with the login you are using. To confirm this, I would recommend visiting the online banking website and signing in to verify the accounts that you are able to see.

If you are receiving a message that does not allow you to add or link an account in Quicken, it's possible that the account has already been added and connected.

If there is still confusion, I would next recommend creating a test file and attempting to add the account(s) in question. If this still does not allow you to add the account or does not display the account that you expect to see, this is most likely due to an issue at the Credit Union and how they are transmitting the accounts.

Please let me know what you find!
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • David_Coach
    David_Coach Member ✭✭
    Options
    I believe the issue happened because my old and new checking accounts were tied together for easy online transfers and Quicken couldn't tell which account was the primary and which was the account that was linked to it. In the end, Quicken had tried to add in the new account but had overwritten it to an existing account, changing the existing account's username. I was unable to edit the existing account back to it's original username and settings. Luckily, I had saved a backup from last week before I tried to add the new account. I restored it and then added in the new accounts from scratch after I had unlinked the two checking accounts. I had to redo all of my changes from the past week but it worked finally.
This discussion has been closed.