Does Deactivating and Reactivating Affect History?

This discussion was created from comments split from: One step update fails.

Comments

• DPo
    DPo Member
    Just had the same issue on about 5 of 10 institutions in One Step Update. I've used Quicken for years and have never had this issue. I've seen guidance on deactivating and reactivating the accounts. Two problems: 1. This doesn't explain how or why it happened nor prevent it from happening again, and 2. As someone that is reasonably competent but by no means a techie, I am hesitant to do this as I'm not sure what history in the account I might lose. Is this a concern I should have?
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @DPo

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. To answer your questions I'll start off in order. 1. The idea behind deactivating and reactivating is to reset the connection as if it were new essentially. It'll reset the download and ideally fix any issues you may be actively having. 2. When you deactivate/reactivate you don't lose any data that is in the register. 

If you do have any other questions please let me know!

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    On #2 if there was a problem it wouldn't be a loss of data, instead depending on the Connection type (Express Web Connect tends to have this problem) you might be faced with it downloading the same transactions again, and you have to delete the duplicates.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • d2ramsey
    d2ramsey Member ✭✭
    I always make it a habit of backing up my data before doing any reset or things I have not tired or could potentially affect my data.
This discussion has been closed.