Voya 403b account - Can't setup and download

danamarks
danamarks Member ✭✭
I am running the Mac Subscription version of Quicken on Big Sur.
After converting all of my accounts from another financial software package, I can successfully download transactions from ALMOST ALL of my accounts. There is a 401(b) account managed by Voya that will not download transactions. (I have tried all of the different Voya options, and neither Voya nor Quicken is able to provide any help.)
What are my options? I know that I can enter the transactions manually, but I'm looking for others. The prior financial software package allowed import of .csv files so I was able to manually download the transactions and run them through a transformation program I wrote to get them formatted properly for import. Quicken does not allow that kind of import.
I am willing to reformat the download, but how can I get it into Quicken? Quicken seems to allow importing only from trusted institutions, and while I appreciate their protectiveness, I don't want to do manual data entry if at all possible.
Thank you in advance for your input.
Tagged:

Answers

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Just to clarify the overall topic and title -
    This is a VOYA 401k account & downloading. 
    What happens when you try to add your VOYA 401k to Quicken ?
    What is the URL that you manually use to log into the Voya 401k website ?
    I'm seeing 2 potential Quicken entries for Voya - 401k -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Unfortunately, Quicken's system is pretty closed. They support direct downloads and importing files downloaded from financial institutions -- but only participating financial institutions, and for importing, only in QFX format. There is no way to import .csv files for your financial transactions.

That said, Voya does participate with Quicken, although there might be some types of accounts not supported. (I'm not sure if you meant 401(k) or 403(b) above.) My only thought is to take another stab (or two) with Quicken phone support. Like at any company, every customer support representative is different, and sometime if you hit a dead end with one, it's worth trying again with someone else who might be more knowledgeable or come up with a different answer. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • danamarks
    danamarks Member ✭✭
    > @ps56k said:
    > Just to clarify the overall topic and title -
    > This is a VOYA 401k account & downloading. 
    > What happens when you try to add your VOYA 401k to Quicken ?
    > What is the URL that you manually use to log into the Voya 401k website ?I'm seeing 2 potential Quicken entries for Voya - 401k -

Sorry for the typo. The account is a 403b, not a 401k, but I'm not sure there is a difference from Quicken's perspective. The problem is that there are 4 listings for Voya, and none of them allow me to log in with the credentials I use to access this account. I have spoken to Voya customer support and they have no idea what is going on. Quicken support didn't either. I may try another run at them on this one, but don't hold out much hope. Perhaps Voya hasn't bought into the Qucken download with this part of the business.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    there is no difference for the account setup for 401k/403b - same thing
    again - we are not looking at your screen, so it helps to tell us exactly what you do AND then what the exact result is.... Error msg, Nothing, Freezes, etc
    > Just to clarify the overall topic and title -
    > What happens when you try to add your VOYA 403b to Quicken ?
    > What is the URL that you manually use to log into the Voya 403b website ?
    As you mentioned there are 4 entries -
    2 for normal accts,
    2 for 401k/403b -
    Just trying to narrow it down to which exact one you use to manually log into Voya.
    Also - for your Voya password.... any special chars ? - and what is the length ?
    [EDIT] - lastly, I have updated the topic title to better reflect the actual Q&A

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.