I am trying to improve my budgeting and I am trying to set up subcategories in master categories?

I have worked with Quicken Budgets in the past and am trying to improve my use of them. My question is how do I setup subcategories in a master category/

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    If you don't yet have these subcategories in your Quicken database, go first to Window > Categories to find your Category list. Find a Category for which you'd like to add a Subcategory. Click it, and then click the + icon at the bottom and select New Subcategory from the dropdown. 

Once you've set up the subcategories you want, or if they exist in your Category list, but not in your budget, then go to your budget. Click Edit Budget. In the lower left corner, click Select Categories. Scroll through the list and select all the Categories and subcategories you want in your budget.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Jacobs, thank you for your help, I forgot to mention that I am using Quicken Mac, and your instructions did not work for me.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    What didn't work for you? I use Quicken Mac, and what I described is for Quicken Mac.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.