How to debug a particular transaction that is always missing in Schwab investment account update

I recently downloaded several months of transactions for my Schwab investment account, using Direct Access (where Quicken pulls the data straight from my bank). Everything worked great, except that every instance of a particular fee, charged every few months, was missing. This meant I had to go and find the months where the fee was charged and add the fee manually in order to reconcile my account.

If this had happened with a Web Connect account I could go and check the QFX file to see if the transaction was sent from the bank and garbled by Quicken, or if the bank never sent it. But with Direct Access I don't know how to check what the bank sent, and hence don't know how to tell if the problem is Quicken or Schwab. How to troubleshoot?

Best Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I suggest you view the OFX Log: select Help > Log Files 
  • NorbertD
    NorbertD Member
    Answer ✓
    That's what I needed! Thanks. Looks like Schwab never sent it, I'll take it up with them.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I suggest you view the OFX Log: select Help > Log Files 
  • NorbertD
    NorbertD Member
    Answer ✓
    That's what I needed! Thanks. Looks like Schwab never sent it, I'll take it up with them.
This discussion has been closed.