Mortgage account went to zero

When I checked my mortgage account, it says it's paid off. As good as that looks, it isn't so. When I look at the loan schedule, it has my last payment on 12/3/20. Then on 1/6/21 it has and "adjustment" of 2,335.5, and another of 102,156 on 1/19/21. What caused those and how to I get rid of them? I can't delete them from the schedule.

I tried resetting the account and it didn't work. I'd rather not delete and recreate the account.

Suggestions?

Thanks

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    I suggest you setup a new manual loan account following the guidance provided to convert the earlier loan account: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7164936/faq-how-do-i-convert-a-loan-account-that-automatically-downloads-transactions-to-a-manual-entry-sc
  • user_reh
    user_reh Member ✭✭
    You know, I've tried Quicken several times over the years. Every time, things go wrong and I stop using it. I'm trying my best this time to keep using. However, the software just doesn't work well. I'm always having problems. Monthly something goes wrong, if not more often.

Sherlock, I did what you said, although I really think Quicken needs to fix all these problems so we can use it as actually advertised.

I created the loan OK. I went to link it to an asset. Well, I already had one for "house", but I couldn't link it to that, I had to create a new one I named "house 2". I linked it OK. I then tried to delete account "house". It was doing its thing then presto-chango, damn Quicken died. Really? Ok, so I restarted Q and it looks like I didn't lose anything I had done, and "house" was gone. Then, I tried to change the name of "house 2" to house, but it says that name already exists.

There is no account named "house" in my account list. There are no hidden accounts. What am I missing here? I guess when it died, it hadn't finished cleaning things up so now there's a ghost name of part of an account out there.

You know, it's not that complicated. I was a software architect for a major health care company. We integrated finance, registration, lab, radiology, oncology, transcription and many other systems into the electronic medical system. Now THAT was complicated! This...year after year it's the same thing. Problem after problem.

Oh well, I better stop venting before I get cancelled off this forum.

Thanks for the help!
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    user_reh said:
    You know, I've tried Quicken several times over the years. Every time, things go wrong and I stop using it. I'm trying my best this time to keep using. However, the software just doesn't work well. I'm always having problems. Monthly something goes wrong, if not more often.

Sherlock, I did what you said, although I really think Quicken needs to fix all these problems so we can use it as actually advertised.

I created the loan OK. I went to link it to an asset. Well, I already had one for "house", but I couldn't link it to that, I had to create a new one I named "house 2". I linked it OK. I then tried to delete account "house". It was doing its thing then presto-chango, damn Quicken died. Really? Ok, so I restarted Q and it looks like I didn't lose anything I had done, and "house" was gone. Then, I tried to change the name of "house 2" to house, but it says that name already exists.

There is no account named "house" in my account list. There are no hidden accounts. What am I missing here? I guess when it died, it hadn't finished cleaning things up so now there's a ghost name of part of an account out there.

You know, it's not that complicated. I was a software architect for a major health care company. We integrated finance, registration, lab, radiology, oncology, transcription and many other systems into the electronic medical system. Now THAT was complicated! This...year after year it's the same thing. Problem after problem.

Oh well, I better stop venting before I get cancelled off this forum.

Thanks for the help!
    If Quicken crashes, I suggest restoring an earlier backup.  Otherwise, try the Copy and Validate instructions  https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows

• user_reh
    user_reh Member ✭✭
    I'm not going back to a previous copy b/c there was too much done since then. If no other symptoms show, I can live with mysterious pieces of an account I don't use.

When I did my cloud synch, it gave the warning pictured below. Do you think it is related to the unseen account name?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    user_reh said:
    I'm not going back to a previous copy b/c there was too much done since then. If no other symptoms show, I can live with mysterious pieces of an account I don't use.

When I did my cloud synch, it gave the warning pictured below. Do you think it is related to the unseen account name?
    I don't think it is related to the unseen account name.

I suggest you reset your cloud data: select Edit > Preferences...Mobile & Web, and Reset your cloud data

If the issue persists, I suggest deleting the Quicken Cloud dataset (aka cloud account) associated with the Quicken file.  Note: You need to open another Quicken file to delete the appropriate cloud account.  You may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-edit-or-delete-your-cloud-datasets-quicken-windows

The other Quicken file needs to have a distinct file identifier so that we may delete the cloud account associated with the original Quicken file.  For example, you may create a new Quicken file (select File > New Quicken File...) without any accounts, enable sync in preferences so you may view and delete the cloud account associated with the original Quicken file. 

After deleting the cloud account, you do need to open the original Quicken file and sync for the accounts to be available on the web or through the mobile app.  The initial sync may take some time to complete.

If the issue continues to persist, I suggest you contact Quicken Support: https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-support-options
This discussion has been closed.