Bills & Income chart showing wrong scale (Comparison Plot Button bug)

The drummer
The drummer Member ✭✭✭
Hi there. Bills & Income chart (nice tool to see forecasted balance for key accounts) has a weird scale making the green line look too flat and close too the zero-axis. Clicking on the hidden Comparison Plot Button I see a dashed blue line that uses the scale. I also understand that this hidden feature is an unfinished tool that has been wandering amongst version updates for a while now.

Not sure if I make myself clear, but if this is something unfinished why just not remove it from the official version of Quicken (leave it only on Betas). And more importantly,  why does it affect the scale of the chart when the feature is turned off?

Thanks for helping.

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021

Hello @The drummer

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. I was trying to take a look to see what I was able to find but didn't have have anything pop up out of the ordinary. If you wouldn't mind could you let us see some screenshots that illustrate the scaling so that we're able to see it as well. I'll leave an article down below explaining how to do so. 

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7663259/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-a-mac#latest

Note you may need to drag the into the response section in order to add it to your post. 

Once you get the chance let us see and we'll see what we can find.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• The drummer
    The drummer Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Thanks Francisco.

Please see screenshots below.

Screenshot #1: Comparison Plot Button OFF

Screenshot #2: Comparison Plot Button ON

Please note the dashed forecasted blue line "sets" the chart cscale (#2) but when it is turned off (#1) the chart scale remains unchanged, making everything too flat to the x-axis.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Hello @The drummer

Thank you for the response and the additional details. There is an existing bug ticket for this QMAC-6709 however, there is no ETA and there have not been any updates for quite some.

I would recommend navigating to Help > Report a Problem to report this issue, please include 
    QMAC-6709 as the subject. This will not receive a direct response, however, the information will be used for research purposes.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • The drummer
    The drummer Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks for replying. 
  • KevinB
    KevinB Member ✭✭✭
    Thank you for this string. The bug has been around so long, it's frustrating that no one has addressed it in any of the numerous updates. Will also report as suggested.
  • The drummer
    The drummer Member ✭✭✭
    Exactly. Still waiting. It shouldn't be something complex to solve. They should just remove the comparison plot buttom for once.
This discussion has been closed.