Clean Up the Investment Register - How to Delete Multiple "Adds" / entries?

How do I delete multiple erroneous entries in the investment account register? This is not critical - multiple entries do not impact anything - it, to me, is sort of a housekeeping issue.
Control-Shift does not mark multiple entries...

Best Answers

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    You can create a BANKING transaction report customized to include the applicable investment accounts and transactions.  From that report, you can select multiple transactions and Edit to delete them.  
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    If you are on R31.5 or above there is a new way to do this.
    From the "gear icon"/menu in the upper right select "Edit multiple transactions".
    This will bring up a window with your transactions. From here you can select multiple transactions and delete them.

Note that you can also change the cleared/reconciled status and duplicate transactions.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/

Answers

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    You can create a BANKING transaction report customized to include the applicable investment accounts and transactions.  From that report, you can select multiple transactions and Edit to delete them.  
  • jah47Ed
    jah47Ed Member ✭✭
    I'll try it...
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    If you are on R31.5 or above there is a new way to do this.
    From the "gear icon"/menu in the upper right select "Edit multiple transactions".
    This will bring up a window with your transactions. From here you can select multiple transactions and delete them.

Note that you can also change the cleared/reconciled status and duplicate transactions.
    Signature:
  • jah47Ed
    jah47Ed Member ✭✭
    Okay, I'll try this method - Banking transaction report does not show ADDED.
  • jah47Ed
    jah47Ed Member ✭✭
    Chris_QWP - Your method works. Rather tedious - I sorted by name. You delete the duplicate entry of say, Apple, and the window returns to the top of the listing - it does not freeze - you have to scroll down back to where you want to find next Apple entry. Better than nothing...
  • Quicken SangeethaS
    Quicken SangeethaS Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    That's a good catch. We'll fix it. Thanks. 
  • jah47Ed
    jah47Ed Member ✭✭
    Just give us some method to delete multiple entries that we may find in the INVESTMENT registers.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    jah47Ed said:
    Just give us some method to delete multiple entries that we may find in the INVESTMENT registers.
    @Quicken SangeethaS can correct me if I'm wrong, but I suspect that the reason they can't do multiple select in the investment register itself is because it is an extremely complex mixture of GUI components, in very old code, and almost any changes to it will result in more problems.  As such the best workaround is to have a list that queries/updates the database directly like they have provided.
    Signature:
  • jah47Ed
    jah47Ed Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the input Chris_QPW - what you say may be quite true.