Merge two credit card accounts

Recently my Discover credit card had some fraudulent use and Discover had to issue me a new credit card with a new account number. Now, when I down loaded my transactions, I have two Discover accounts. How can I merge the two. I read something about copying the transactions from the old account to the new, but I have thousands of transactions going back many years so I'm not sure that would Ber a good way.

Thank you for your help.

Best Answer

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    It's not hard to copy all of the transactions from one account to the other. In the old (non connecting) account, click any transaction, then menu Edit > Select All. Then being carful not to deselect them by single-clicking, drag and drop all of them at once to the active account in the sidebar. Go have a cup of coffee and when you get back, it will be done.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    It's not hard to copy all of the transactions from one account to the other. In the old (non connecting) account, click any transaction, then menu Edit > Select All. Then being carful not to deselect them by single-clicking, drag and drop all of them at once to the active account in the sidebar. Go have a cup of coffee and when you get back, it will be done.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
This discussion has been closed.