Help with reconciling my checking acct

Options
MaryV
MaryV Member
Hello...I have a new computer and Quicken support was able to convert my old file. I balance every month but now have some transactions that came over from 2019 that are not reconciled. How can I start fresh? Can I download say Nov 2019 up to today and start that way?

Best Answer

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @MaryV

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. I believe in this case I recommend contacting Quicken Support  phone and sharing your screen with one of our support reps, if you feel comfortable doing so, to have the matter looked at and hopefully fixed promptly.  This way we're able to help you either reconcile your original account or get you set up on a new account depending what you would prefer. I'll leave our hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

Quicken Phone Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Friday

5:00 am to 5:00 pm PDT

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Downloads are determined by your financial institution. Many only provide download for the past 90 days. 

Can you just spend a little time reconciling your accounts, either back to 2019, or just as of the end of 2020? 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • MaryV
    MaryV Member
    Options
    Thank you for responding! I misspoke...I meant to say download my transactions from Oct/Nov 2020 up to today. The problem I am having is that the balance shown is not correct and I think that has something to do with the unreconciled transactions from 2019. Can I remove those completely and not have them effect my balance? I tried deleting them but they still were accounted for in my balance. At some point I must have started fresh because for all of 2020 my acct balanced. I have always entered my transactions manually because I use 1 credit card and subtract those from my checkbook register and pay the bill in full every month. How would you recommend I get a fresh start?
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @MaryV

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. I believe in this case I recommend contacting Quicken Support  phone and sharing your screen with one of our support reps, if you feel comfortable doing so, to have the matter looked at and hopefully fixed promptly.  This way we're able to help you either reconcile your original account or get you set up on a new account depending what you would prefer. I'll leave our hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

Quicken Phone Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Friday

5:00 am to 5:00 pm PDT

This discussion has been closed.