Why when I go into my budget it shows January 2020 instead of January 2021? (Q Mac)

DRayG
DRayG Member
When I go to view my budget the default date is January 2020. It should be January 2021and I don't know how to reset it.

Answers

• JayBugs
    JayBugs Member ✭✭✭✭
    In the budget screen, next to Budget as of set it to 1/2021 then click the Reset Date button. That will start the budget as of 2021.
    -Jay
  • DRayG
    DRayG Member
    When I do that it jumps back to 8/2019. I adjust the budget to 1/2021 and press the reset date button and it keeps jumping back to 8/2019.
  • DRayG
    DRayG Member
    When I click on the diamond on the one-month budget screen it just shows January 2020.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @DRayG

Thank you for the response and the additional details. May I ask that you navigate to the "Edit Budget" screen by selecting the pencil icon on the budget.

Once in the screen to edit the budget, please verify the date listed at the top? Is the year 2020 displayed? If you change this date to 2021 does the budget now reflect correctly?

Please let us know what you find!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • DRayG
    DRayG Member
    Here is my process:
    Open 'Monthly Budget'
    Edit Budget
    Time defaulted to August 2019
    Arrow up to 2021 (Month won't let me change)
    Columns update to show 2021 but starting with August 2021
    Hit Save
    Budget default is January 2020
    - and around and around we go....
  • DRayG
    DRayG Member
    The only way I can see my 2021 Budget is to go to the Budget screen and arrow to the right until I advance from January 2020 to January 2021. Hitting the diamond in between the arrows doesn't move me to the correct date. Once I have arrowed right to January 2021, my budget shows up and shows me the current date (the line down the bars), so it would seem the date of my transactions are correct.
  • Was this resolved? I'm having the same issue. The budget window starts on Jan 2021 and I have to click the arrow until I advance to Jan 2022.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @synthetic.budget,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community, however, since this is an older post that was originally created back in January of 2021, it is less likely to receive an answer now.

I would suggest creating a new post for better visibility and to potentially receive responses from other users who may be experiencing the same problem. Doing so will also assist us with better tracking ability in the event that this issue may result in an escalation being required.

Please be sure to include a description of the issue, any error messages (if applicable) as well as the version of Quicken you have currently running (Quicken > About Quicken). The more information you are able to provide will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.