How do I add an account for Audi Financial Services for an auto loan?

Options
RS7801
RS7801 Member ✭✭
How do I add an account for Audi Financial Services for an auto loan? There is a listing for a bank named Audi Bank USA but it does not allow me to link to my loan and download data.

Best Answer

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @RS7801

Thanks for the update! When it comes to adding FI's it's up to the banks to be added to quicken. It'd be up to you to let them know that you would like it added to quicken. Here's an article that goes over this information as well. Hope this helps!

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Options

Hello @RS7801

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. I was taking a look and Audi Financial services and unfortunately is it not able to be connected currently through quicken. In this case what I would recommend is to make a manual loan account.

One of the biggest benefits of this vs a downloaded account though is you're able to adjust the payments in a manual register. One of the things I would recommend is that from your checking account you'll have your payment amount likely going to a car loan category. Instead of the car loan category you'll want to create a split where part of it is going towards the loan account (This is principal) and the other to interest.  I'll link a photo down below to explain it a bit better as well.

Hopefully I did explain this well enough to help you out. If not let me know and I'll try making a more detailed explanation.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    The question above is in a Quicken Mac category, so I'd just note that while Quicken Francisco's screenshot above is of Quicken Windows, in this case the Mac version works the same way even though the screen looks a little different.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • RS7801
    RS7801 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Francisco, thank you, I knew how to set it up as a manual account and there is no need to split the payment as my interest rate is 0%. I suggest that Quicken creates a download from Audi Financial Services for our community's use.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @RS7801

Thanks for the update! When it comes to adding FI's it's up to the banks to be added to quicken. It'd be up to you to let them know that you would like it added to quicken. Here's an article that goes over this information as well. Hope this helps!

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

• Rudy Gohringer
    Rudy Gohringer Member ✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Options
    [Removed - Rant/Solicitation]
  • Rudy Gohringer
    Rudy Gohringer Member ✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Please excuse my last response which was too hasty on Audi Financial. Though [Removed - Solication] does offer as an option, when you attempt to setup, they indicate that Audi Financial does block the connection. [Removed - Solicitation]
This discussion has been closed.