How do you transfer funds between Quicken accounts?

lcvogel
lcvogel Member
I just installed Quicken Starter Edition and am unable to transfer funds between savings and checking accounts. The old version had a transfer option but I can't seem to find that options.

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I believe what you are looking for is Ctrl+Shift+T (Or select the gear icon in the top right of the register and select "Transfer Money")

I personally just enter a transaction where the the category would be [Other Account].
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Win or Mac?

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    There still is a transfer option and there are a couple of easy ways to do it:
    1. Enter a manual transaction in one of the account registers and in the category field enter the other account name in brackets.  Ex:  In Checking Acct enter a manual transaction and in the category field enter [Savings Acct].
    2. Click on the upper right Gear icon of the account register of one of the accounts, click on Transfer Money, enter the appropriate information and click on OK.
    What you might want to consider doing for the future:  Click on the upper right Gear icon of one or more of your various account registers > click on Customize Action Bar > select the various functions you want shown at the top of the register > click on Done.  I usually select Update Now, Reconcile, Transfer Money, Account Overview and Edit Account Details.  Then every time I go to an Account Register I can quickly access any one of these features/functions by simply clicking on it.
    (The above information applies to Q for Win.  Not sure about Q for Mac.)

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• Austin@
    Austin@ Mac Beta Beta
    If you're using Quicken for Mac, I would recommend clicking on the "Columns" button at the bottom of each account register and adding the "Transfer" column. This column allows you to select the account you want to transfer to/from, and also adds a button on any transfer that lets you easily jump to the other side of a transfer.