Why has Quicken subscription price increased so much?

Options
BWC
BWC Member ✭✭
I am a very long time Quicken user. Bought a 2 yr online subscription in 1/19 for $90. Now they charged me $78 for 1 year. That's a 73% increase. Seems unreasonable.... Am I missing something/some better deal?

Best Answer

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Well it is a bit better at Costco.  Based on the price you quoted I take it you are using Premier.  Costco has it for $64.99.  I notice that at Amazon it is full retail.
    On Quicken.com it seems like they have it for $70.19, but any special you see there is for new members only.

To answer your general question basically it seems that all the 2 year subscriptions are gone, and with them also most of all the special pricing.  In other words it seems that the prices you could get in the past were "get them on the subscription" pricing.

And note that if you have automatic renewal on, you are guaranteed to be the paying full retail price/
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Shop around at a 3rd party retailer such as Amazon, Walmart, Costco, Staples, Best But, etc.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Well it is a bit better at Costco.  Based on the price you quoted I take it you are using Premier.  Costco has it for $64.99.  I notice that at Amazon it is full retail.
    On Quicken.com it seems like they have it for $70.19, but any special you see there is for new members only.

To answer your general question basically it seems that all the 2 year subscriptions are gone, and with them also most of all the special pricing.  In other words it seems that the prices you could get in the past were "get them on the subscription" pricing.

And note that if you have automatic renewal on, you are guaranteed to be the paying full retail price/
    Signature:
  • BWC
    BWC Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks. I had a feeling that "this is it". Very frustrating that they raise prices so dramatically and just assume everyone will follow suit.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I guess it could be worse.  Reckon has had their prices at $160 per year for several years for "non home and business" and for home and business it is $230 and from what I understand other than updating the tax tables each year all they can expect is for them to "maintain it".
    Signature:
  • GregSBurns
    GregSBurns Member ✭✭
    Options
    I feel completely betrayed. I got sucked into the subscription model for the deluxe version 12 months ago at under $30, and here a year later it's jumped to over $50. That's outrageous. Complete chislers.
This discussion has been closed.