Quicken 2020 always mixes certain Fidelity holdings

marksg1
marksg1 Member, Windows Beta Beta
edited January 2021 in Investing (Windows)
No matter how hard I try quicken ALWAYS get Fidelity Government Cash Reserves (FDRXX), Strategic Advisors Core Fund and Strategic Advisors Fidelity US Total Stock Fund confused and downloads those holdings incorrectly. Fidelity's web site lists the tickers correctly and those tickers are in my Quicken. What causes this?

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Quicken matches data for a security received from a financial institution to a security in the Quicken file using the CUSIP ID field provided by the financial institution.  When we import data for a security with a CUSIP ID that is not matched, we are prompted to match the security to an existing security that is not matched to an online security or to create a new security.  We may clear this linkage by unchecking Matched with online security on the Edit Security Details window.

I suspect you have mismatched the fidelity funds.  I suggest you unmatch the funds and, the next time Quicken attempts to match their CUDIP IDs, you should be prompted to select the appropriate Quicken security again. 
  • marksg1
    Hi Sherlock, thanks for the reply. When I look at the two funds the Matched with online box is grayed-out, not checked for either.
  • marksg1
    Example
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    marksg1 said:
    Hi Sherlock, thanks for the reply. When I look at the two funds the Matched with online box is grayed-out, not checked for either.
    You should be able to determine the mismatched securities using the Online Center: Select Tools > Online Center, the financial institution in the Financial institution: pull-down menu, the account, the Holdings tab, and Compare to Portfolio...  
  • marksg1
    Yup, I see that, Fidelity correctly reports, Quicken miss-matches. So far I have to manually delete the Quicken entry, manually add the correct transaction, always the same fund.
  • marksg1
    I thought I'd delete the incorrect fund but since it has some past entries it won't let me.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    marksg1 said:
    Yup, I see that, Fidelity correctly reports, Quicken miss-matches. So far I have to manually delete the Quicken entry, manually add the correct transaction, always the same fund.
    I suggest you uncheck Matched with online security on the Edit Security Details window of the mismatched security.
  • marksg1
    So here is the strange part; If I look at holdings in Account Overview in that account it shows correct numbers (I manually fixed the one). When I look at Compare to Portfolio in Online Center it shows correct holdings in Fidelity, zero for all holdings in Quicken.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    marksg1 said:
    So here is the strange part; If I look at holdings in Account Overview in that account it shows correct numbers (I manually fixed the one). When I look at Compare to Portfolio in Online Center it shows correct holdings in Fidelity, zero for all holdings in Quicken.
    I suspect you have placeholder transactions in the account.  To view the placeholder transactions in the account, check the Show hidden transactions preference: select Edit > Preferences...

After you delete these placeholder transactions from the account, you may be able to proceed.

Note:  We may prevent Quicken from automatically entering placeholder transactions to correct the share balance by unchecking the account in the Compare account portfolio after download preference: select Edit > Preferences...

• I have exactly the same problem with one of my Vanguard accounts. Every time I download transactions, Quicken confuses the unmatched securities with Vanguard 500 fund. I am unable to Match to Online security (box greyed out). I have tried all your suggestions on this thread and the problem persists.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @wineme2, it sounds like the Vanguard 500 fund is mistakenly matched to one or more of your other securities. You should un-check the Matched to online security box for the 500 fund, then the next time you download, you should be prompted with the name(s) of the now unmatched securities. Make sure to correctly choose the matching security. 
    QWin Premier subscription