Charles Schwab OL-293-A for two weeks

Options
Have been downloading Schwab to Quicken for almost 20 years. Am familiar with OL-293-A, most recently with American Express and Vanguard. These hiccups usually work themselves out for me, but now doesn't appear to be with my Schwab. Have not been able to download from Schwab for two weeks. When I went the route of deactivating and trying to reactivate (which I've tried multiple times on multiple days), I keep receiving the message of, "Sorry. We encountered an error. (It's not your fault.) Quicken is having trouble connecting to Charles Schwab & Co., Inc." Spoke to Schwab technical support. They took me thru the usual steps and then said I should contact Quicken. Did an online chat with Quicken support, they took me thru the usual steps, and then told me to contact Schwab. Any help?

Answers

• BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Please see if the answer to this post resolves your issue:
    Perhaps deactivating all Schwab accounts in Quicken, and then disabling and re-enabling 3rd party access at Schwab which might trigger something that is stuck at a stale state.
    - QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

• BNAUser
    BNAUser Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks very much for the suggestion. I tried as you suggested, but had no luck. I did see Quicken has posted a note regarding Schwab downloads as an Alert & Known Product Issue. Hopefully they're referring to the issue I'm having and can find a solution. Thanks again for your time and suggestion.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @BNAQuickenUser

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. The alert that you're referring to is correct for the issue you're having. We're currently aware of the issue and working on having it resolved with Schwab. I recommend bookmarking the post to the right of the title by clicking on the star. This will give you any updates.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• BNAUser
    BNAUser Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you, Francisco. I'm concerned, because Sarah's Alert post states "Resolved", but I'm still not having any success. Is the work still ongoing even though it says "Resolved"?
  • Quicken Francisco
    Options

@BNAQuickenUser

Thanks for the update. That is odd since you're correct that it's been changed to resolved. I was taking a look to see any additional notes and didn't see anything. In this case lets try the recommended steps from the 293 article. I'll leave them down below.

https://www.quicken.com/support/error-when-using-quicken-online-services-ol-293-or-ol-294

Once you've tried these let us know how it goes. From there we'll see what we can try next.

• BNAUser
    BNAUser Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you, Francisco. I did not do your steps above, as everything seems to be working okay now. Not sure how or why. Was still now working when I shut down yesterday, but this morning all is working well. Thank you very much for your time and assistance.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Options
    @BNAQuickenUser

Glad to hear you were able to get the downloads working. If you do run into any other issues please let us know so we can take a look again.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
This discussion has been closed.