Getting download of transactions into my correct account in Quicken. A new problem.

How can I direct my bank to download my transactions into a specific account in Quicken? Has not been a problem in the past. It now gives it a different name and sets up a different account -- not what I need.
Tagged:

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    If you haven't already, I suggest that you deactivate the Online Services of all of the registers associated with the financial institution and clear the financial institution name field on the General tab.  After you have deactivated the Online Services of all of the registers associated with the financial institution and cleared the financial institution name field, when you setup the Online Services of one of the registers, Quicken should provide the list of the accounts and allow you to link them to the existing registers.
  • Sherlock -- I don't have a clue as to how to "deactivate Online Services. Where will I find such buttons/links/etc.? Appreciate the info.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Sherlock -- I don't have a clue as to how to "deactivate Online Services. Where will I find such buttons/links/etc.? Appreciate the info.
    You may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/deactivate-online-banking-services-quicken-account

• Gary N
    Gary N Member ✭✭
    I have a similar problem. When I reset the account (Capital One) Quicken asks me to log in to the account - fine. When I do so it creates a new account with a different name and 0.00 balance. If I do a download, all the transactions go to the new account. I just want it to download the transactions in to the existing Quicken account as it has done before. Any Ideas?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Gary N said:
    I have a similar problem. When I reset the account (Capital One) Quicken asks me to log in to the account - fine. When I do so it creates a new account with a different name and 0.00 balance. If I do a download, all the transactions go to the new account. I just want it to download the transactions in to the existing Quicken account as it has done before. Any Ideas?
    As I said earlier, I suggest you deactivate the Online Services of all of the registers associated with the financial institution and clear the financial institution name field on the General tab.  After you have deactivated the Online Services of all of the registers associated with the financial institution and cleared the financial institution name field, when you setup the Online Services of one of the registers, Quicken should provide the list of the accounts and allow you to link them to the existing registers.
  • Sherlock, Sounds like Gary N and I are having the same problem. Apparently I am as dumb as a rock, because I cannot find a tab named Online Services, nor do I find anything called a General tab. I'm not saying its not there, I just don't see it having looked through everything 3 times so far. What screen are you starting on in Quicken? Sorry for not comprehending what you are saying.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Sherlock, Sounds like Gary N and I are having the same problem. Apparently I am as dumb as a rock, because I cannot find a tab named Online Services, nor do I find anything called a General tab. I'm not saying its not there, I just don't see it having looked through everything 3 times so far. What screen are you starting on in Quicken? Sorry for not comprehending what you are saying.
    The tabs are on the Account Details window.  Another way to get there is to open the account register and press Ctrl + Shift + E.

By the way, you may want to update your community profile to indicate you are using the Quicken Windows Subscription.
  • Gary N
    Gary N Member ✭✭
    Ah ha! That worked. It gave the option to designate that I wanted it to link to an existing account. I don't know why it wouldn't do that before, but clearing the financial institution and disabling all the linked accounts forced it to give me that option! Thanks for the suggestion!
This discussion has been closed.