Can anyone help me customize reports. I spent an hour with support and they haven't been able to he

Options
My report pages do not have any customize option. Also, I am not able to scroll to the bottom of the edit page on any reports.

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Let's start with what version of Quicken you're using (on the Quicken menu, select About Quicken), what version of macOS, and what for tof computer (MacBook? iMac?)

You should be able to scroll. Can you scroll up and down in a register? If you open your Mac System Preferences > General, in the middle there are three choices for scroll bars. If it's not set to Always, try clicking that and then returning to your Quicken report. Can you scroll now?

Depending what report you're using, some have customization and some don't. Please share what report from the Reports menu or tab you're selecting. Then we can dig into the particulars of the report. 

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Geralyn Harder
    Options
    I am using Quicken 6.0.3 on a Mac Book Air Version10.15.7
    I moved scroll to always but still have the same problem. If I open any report and click edit a screen comes up but I can't scroll to the bottom. I am not able to move it up or down, but I can move it sideways. There is no red dot to close the pages so I have to force quit to get rid of the report pages.
  • Geralyn Harder
    Options
    I can scroll in a register.
  • jacobs
    Options
    Okay, let me step through this with you slowly.

You can open the report and scroll in the report, correct?

When you click edit, you say you can't scroll. But when you click edit, a small pane opens in the center of the window with the editing controls:

You should not be able to scroll at this time in the report window, because the Edit Report pane is in the foreground. You should be able to change the date range, or click on any of the tabs to control the selection of what Accounts, Categories, Tag, etc. you want included in the report. Then you click the blue OK button and the report will refresh according to your editing changes -- and then you should be able to scroll again in the report.

If this is not what's happening, please indicate exactly where your experience differs from the steps I wrote above.
  • Geralyn Harder
    Options
    I can get as far as being able to change the date range or click on any of the tabs to control Accounts, Categories etc. I have no blue botton to click ok. I suspect it is at the bottom of the page, but I am not able to move the cursor to the bottom of the page. At this point I cannot close the small pane or the report page.
  • jacobs
    Options
    @Geralyn Harder  Your report is in a separate window from the main Quicken window. Have you moved it to the top of your screen? Look in my screen shot above. If you change the date, the blue OK button is just an inch below; it's not off the bottom of the screen. Can you try clicking Edit, change the date range, and then click OK to see if the report updates and you can scroll down the report?

Then, click Edit again and click on the Accounts tab. The Edit Report pane opens up a few more inches down, but the blue OK button should still be easily within visibility on your MacBook Air screen. And within the Accounts list, you should see and be able to use a scroll bar on the right side. 

Please reply with what is different in what you're seeing than what I'm describing and showing here.

• Geralyn Harder
    Options
    I can do the above. Can I keep the modified report and also keep the report that I modified with different names?
  • jacobs
    Options
    Yes, just click Duplicate in the report menu (to the right of Edit) and it will create copy of your report which can can rename and save. You can find all your custom reports saved in the My Reports section of the Reports screen or Reports menu. 

So did my post above resolve your issue with scrolling, or do you still have a problem? 
  • Geralyn Harder
    Options
    Jacob, Issue resolved. Thank you very much for your help.
This discussion has been closed.