ETFs in Quicken

zkaps
zkaps Member ✭✭
edited January 2021 in Investing (Windows)
In the Security List | Details there is a drop-down field "Type" where the security type is specified (stock, mutual fund, etc.). ETF is not one of the values in the list. What should the value of "Type" be for an ETF ?
Thanks,
zkaps

Best Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    You can add your own types to the list.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    You could use Stock, or you can click on the Edit Types button and create a new type called ETF
    QWin Premier subscription

Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    You can add your own types to the list.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    You could use Stock, or you can click on the Edit Types button and create a new type called ETF
    QWin Premier subscription
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or you can use Mutual Fund -- in which case you'll be able to get the Morningstar risk, return, and ratings status for the security (if that is of any value to you). 
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    q_lurker said:
    Or you can use Mutual Fund -- in which case you'll be able to get the Morningstar risk, return, and ratings status for the security (if that is of any value to you). 
    M* is only in Premiere

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ps56k2 said:
    q_lurker said:
    M* is only in Premiere

I can believe the X-Ray functions are Premier only.  I do not believe those features are dependent on security type. 

I believe the Morningstar columns in portfolio views about which I was referring are available in Deluxe and above versions (Starter does not support investments).  Those columns will only display for securities with the type = Mutual Fund.

Been a while since I used Deluxe, so I could be mistaken.    
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Educated again.... I think we have been down this discussion path before -  DELUXE
    as I don't usually hang out in Portfolio, but really should...
    YUP - it does have M* - I was only looking at the Quicken version Compare chart

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The F in ETF stands for FUND.  Set it up as such.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP