missing security in portfolio

Options
I entered a new security and it shows up in the Holdings, but not in the Investments/Portfolio. I checked the Security/edit function but cant find anything that would cause that.

Comments

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @fullerjf,

It is possible that the security may be "hidden".  To check that, do the following:

1) Go to "Tools" > "Security List";
    2) At the bottom of the pop-up window, make sure that the "Show hidden securities" box is checked
    3) Page down the list until you find the security;
    4) Make sure that there isn't a check mark in the "Hide" column.  If there is, uncheck it and then click "Done".

Let me know how that goes.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If the problem is in the Portfolio view, click Customize > Customize current view... > Securities, them make sure that new security is selected to be shown.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Also please make sure that the new security's Security Type is Stock, Mutual Fund, etc., but NOT "Market Index". This type is reserved for real market indices like Dow Jones, S&P, etc. and cannot be used for an entry representing a real security.
  • fullerjf
    fullerjf Member ✭✭
    Options
    thanks to all.