capital one download not working for my checking account

PAUL2
PAUL2 Member ✭✭✭
Capital one download is not working, tried resetting and deactivating account, did not wokr any know fixes??

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and add to this discussion to report this issue, though I apologize that you're experiencing this.

For those who are still experiencing this issue with Capital One, we ask that you please navigate to Help > Report a Problem to send log files and report this issue or contact Quicken Support directly to have our support agents collect log files so that we can further investigate. 

The more log files we receive, the better! Thank you.

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @PAUL2,

What happens when you try to download the checking account - are you getting an error message/code, and/or is the account balance in the One Step Update Summary correctly reported?  Also, which method are you using to connect - Direct Connect, Express Web Connect, or Web Connect?

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• PAUL2
    PAUL2 Member ✭✭✭
    standard express web connect...as always, no new transactions...this has been over the last few days..i am wondering if it is a bank issue...
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again @PAUL2,

I haven't seen any other reports of issues with Capital One accounts recently. 

You could try "resetting" the account from the "Online Services" tab.  Before you do that make a backup of your Quicken datafile.

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• PAUL2
    PAUL2 Member ✭✭✭
    tried reset, deactivating and even creating a new file with the account..the last data downloaded was 1/21..thank you usually a reset is a fix when the one step update is not working..the only thing that i can think is a problem, capital one launched their ppp2 applications on monday...and that may cause issues..that was sited by a moderator earlier this month for other banks...
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay - if you've done all of those things - it could be an issue on the bank's end and - you are correct - the ppp2 transactions could easily be the problem.  Give it a day or two and try again!

Frankx

• PAUL2
    PAUL2 Member ✭✭✭
    thats what i am going to do, thank you...called capital one and they were clueless...as can be expected..
  • ZWharton
    ZWharton Member ✭✭
    I am having the same problem. Quicken acts like it has synced with Capital One, but no transactions are downloaded.
  • Quyen Nguyen
    Quyen Nguyen Member
    edited January 2021
    After R38.1 update, Quicken does not download any transactions from Capital One Bank. Quicken went through the communication and downloading sequence with the bank and the result was 0 transactions downloaded. I verified that there are new transactions since the last time I updated my account at the end of December. I wen through the deactivate and reactivate online banking sequence few times but that does not help. Does anyone have the same issue?
  • PAUL2
    PAUL2 Member ✭✭✭
    that is correct....
  • PAUL2
    PAUL2 Member ✭✭✭
    i am at a loss on what to do.. will wait a few more days, see if this is a bank issue...usually i need to escalate this request up the chain of command at the bank to get something resolved...although it could also be a qucken issue...have written to their moderators..
  • Quicken has stopped downloading my transactions since 1/21/2021for all my accounts at Capital One Bank .
  • PAUL2
    PAUL2 Member ✭✭✭
    Same here too...as of 1/21, zero download of transactions. deactivated and reactivated , did not help...reset did not help...how can this issue be escalated???spoke to quicken support, did not help...
  • ZWharton
    ZWharton Member ✭✭
    Same here--nothing since 1/15/
  • Louis Matarazzo
    Louis Matarazzo Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Same issues here, this is utterly ridiculous![Removed-Rant/Off Topic]
  • jfitter
    jfitter Member ✭✭
    Same issue here.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello all,

Thank you for the response and the additional details. I would try to deactivate and reactivate the accounts.

I would first deactivate all of the Capital One accounts. This process may not work if any is left connected.

Next, select the (+) as if you are adding a new account, locate Capital One and sign in, you will be given an option to link the account accounts to the existing accounts.

This will allow you to reactivate all of the accounts at once. Once this has been completed, you do receive transactions or any error messages?

Please let us know what you find!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • John Martin
    John Martin Member ✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Mine is on Mac, however.
  • John Martin
    John Martin Member ✭✭
    Same here - no transactions from Capital One bank since 1/21/2021
    pe your comment
  • John Martin
    John Martin Member ✭✭
    edited January 2021
    I am having the same issue with my Capital One checking account. However, I am on Quicken for Mac. This also started on 1/21/20201. I have disconnected and re-established my connection multiple times to no avail. My other Capital One account (credit card) is working, however, the checking account is not

I have also tried to manually import transactions and I am getting an error message stating "Quicken is unable to update this account because Web Connect support for your financial institution has been either temporarily, or permanently discontinued [CC-885]."
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't speak for Mac as I am Windows, but I found that the QCS Connection Channel is broken.

In Windows, hold down the F4 Function Key while clicking About Quicken.

Click Change Channel from what it currently is and close the Window.

Close and then re-open Quicken and do One Step Update again.

Report Back. My friend had the same problem. Works with FDS, but not with QCS.

Also, before One Step Update, remove the Check from Automatically add to Banking Registers to avoid Duplicates in the Registers.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• Tried all the recommendations by Quicken and Capital One transactions still will not download.
  • Same issue!!! The bank balance does seem to update - but no transactions from any of my banking accounts (checking or savings) - but credit card still works. tried resetting account, downloaded latest release from "my account" and re-installed. For fun, I tried to just add a new Cap One account - and that process fails. On release 31.8 and build 27.1.31.8. Same as other - last transaction was the 21st!
  • John Martin
    John Martin Member ✭✭
    I called Quicken and they opened a ticket yesterday,
  • mmatth
    mmatth Member
    I have numerous accounts with two different banks. All are downloading transactions except for my CapitalOne Checking Account. Suggestions???? Thanks
  • William
    William Member ✭✭
    edited January 2021
    [REmoved-Rant/Disruptive]
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021

Hello @mmath

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. Do you have any other accounts with capitalone or is it just this one? Are you receiving any error when downloading or is it blank? How long has this been happening?  We're currently not seeing anything on our side with capital one so we'll need to look for more. 

With a bit more information we'll be able to see what we're able to find. Let us know once you get the chance.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Sam
    Sam Member ✭✭
    Same problem. No download from Capital One since 1/25/21. Tried "Reset Account". One Step Update shows GREEN "Complete" but no downloads.
  • PAUL2
    PAUL2 Member ✭✭✭
    thank you John , as of today 1/31 it is still not downloading transactions
  • AMJHTX
    AMJHTX Member
    When I update my accounts, the Capital One online balance information downloads, but the transactions do not. The last transaction downloaded is dated 1/15/21. All other accounts seem to be downloading and updating correctly. I'm using Version 6.1.0 (Build 601.37882.100). Thoughts?
  • AMJHTX
    AMJHTX Member
    Additional information: No error showing in the account status. It shows connection was successful as of my latest attempt to update and 8 transactions downloaded.
This discussion has been closed.