GM Card Online keeps popping up

Options
WindowFinance
WindowFinance Member ✭✭✭
I have a Capital One GM Card account in Quicken that I do not use. I've hidden it, disabled the Online sync. Yet, the GM Card Online window (see attached) keeps popping up multiple times when I do One Step update. I have to keep closing it. It takes a long time too, adding significant delays in One Step update.

Amazingly, even after I delete the account in Quicken, this phantom GM Card window still pops up. I don't have any other card with GM Card. What can I do ? Thanks.
Refugee from Microsoft Money. Now resident of the latest Quicken Premier for Windows.

Answers

• WindowFinance
    WindowFinance Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    More pop-up. I've tried entering the correct credentials. Then the pop up still occurs. I deleted the account; the pop up still occurs. It's like a ghost that has haunted my Quicken! Whenever it pops up, the spinning pointer makes me wait a long time.
    Refugee from Microsoft Money. Now resident of the latest Quicken Premier for Windows.
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @"WindowFinance

Go Help then Report a Problem to Quicken explaining what is happening.

When done and include a Sanitized Copy of your Data File, with the report,
    delete all the Log files with Red Arrows.

Close Quicken before deleting the log files.

Once the logs are deleted, run a program, like CCleaner and clean the computer.

Now open Quicken and check operation. If it works, do Manual Backups at least weekly.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• WindowFinance
    WindowFinance Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks. I've discovered the culprit. Under "One Step Update Settings" --> Online Services --> Sync to Quicken Cloud --> Manage accounts to sync. There is one closed account listed under "GM Card" (see attached). This "World MasterCard" account has been closed in Quicken for a long time and therefore does not have online services turned on. It is also not even checked in this "accounts to sync" list. But still, Quicken keeps popping up the "GM Card Online" dialog when I sync. This problem has only started occurring for a week or so. I haven't touched that closed account for years.

In any event, I simply uncheck the "Sync to Quicken Cloud" item in the "One Step Update Settings" and now it does not pop up that GM Card box anymore whey I sync. I don't use Quicken Cloud anyway. This is another example why I don't use it. More troubles than its worth.
This discussion has been closed.